Stranded in September - Movies!


Another Stranded post!  This month is movies and requires some serious thought because I am not much of a movie girl lately.  I'm not much of a TV person lately.  Although I do enjoy a good cooking show on PBS or a little bit of Dateline.  Movies lately have just not been great.  Unless you are into superheroes.  What happened to the good old fashioned romantic comedy?  


Here are my other Stranded posts:
June:  Netflix (which we canceled in July and I can't say I miss it)
PS - I bought some Chaco looking Skechers for my birthday and I love them!

Okay, since I'm not a huge movie watcher I thought of some classics that I could watch over and over again.  The first one that came to mind was...

1.  Elf - "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"  This movie makes me laugh out loud every single time I see it. 



2.  A trilogy of some kind probably Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings.  That'll keep me busy on the island. 



3.  Last but not least, I'll need a good romantic comedy.  I recently saw a report on GMA about how the summer movie sales were way down this year.  One major reason they thought that was the case was no romantic comedies.  It was all sequels and remakes and kid movies.  I picked Love Actually. Which is another Christmas movie.


Honorable mention:  Brigadoon. I love that movie!  Any Gene Kelly musical would do, but that's my favorite.







Comments

Popular Posts