No words can express how humbled I am by His grace or the gratitude I feel for His sacrifice.
Friday, April 11, 2014
2. Fave messy bun
Friday, April 4, 2014
What a great week! Well, mostly great. I did have a day where I felt pretty down. It was that time of the month, which is a good bad thing for me. Good because my body is back to "normal" bad because it's another month with no baby. It just reminds me that God's timing is perfect, we don't get to choose, so we lean into Him and trust His plan.
But this is High Five, not boo five!
1. I totally made up a new recipe that was so good we didn't share! Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Gooey Butter Cake. How's that for a name? Matt just called them delicious brownies. I'll write it up next week.
3. Here's March's collection of daily photos. Lots of good times in March.
Saturday, March 29, 2014
1. We celebrated Jack's 2nd & Nora's 3rd birthday lady weekend.
2. Mom and Dad were in town and so was Aunt Judy and Uncle Fred
3. We went to a mall! I miss malls. There are no malls in our neighborhood, just outdoor shopping areas. Those are great for about 3 months of the year in the Midwest.
4. We visited Matt's grandma yesterday. She has a collection of thimbles. There are 850 of them. She has kept a little notebook of who gave them to her. They are all numbered. She's legally blind now so she had me label and record a few new ones she got. I just loved it!
5. Grandma Vaughan spoiled Pickles. She loves her but thinks she's too pretty to be called Pickles.
Friday, March 21, 2014
1. Pickles was super tired for a day or so after her big parade.
3. I fired up the sewing machine and made two more pillow covers with envelope closures. Super easy!
Monday, March 17, 2014
Well, I missed yesterday's High Five for Friday post so it's Super Saturday!
1. We had dinner with these kids on Sunday. Oh, and Sawyer, Jill, Aaron, Jack, and Nancy.
2. Monday was so nice I decided it was time to make nice with Matt's grill. I grilled chicken and brats. It is so different than my old gas grill but I did it!
3. Matt played Pickles' favorite game, tag.
4. These are back!!!!!!!
5. So is this!
6. Today we took Pickles to the Brookside St. Patricks Day parade to walk with the rescue group we got her from. She was a hit and surprisingly she loved it. We were pretty sure we'd have tosneak out early but nope. She pranced the whole way.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
I needed something quick and easy to take to a Bunco party that would make a lot. I had a busy weekend planned and had another party I needed to take something to snack on. So I made Party Popcorn! It was a hit at both parties.
You will need:
- 3 bags of plain microwave popcorn
- a bag of white chocolate chips (2 cups)
- half a bag of chocolate chips (1 cup)
- yellow or white cake mix
- add ins - M&Ms, nuts, sprinkles, etc.
1. Pop your popcorn.
2. Melt half of your white chocolate chips. I found it was easier to do in batches.
3. Once melted, stir in about 1/4 cup of cake mix.
4. Pour over one bag of popcorn and stir. You will need a really big bowl for this. I used a giant popcorn bucket.
5. Spread popcorn onto a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on your add ins. I used M&Ms and sprinkles.
6. Repeat steps 2-5.
7. With that last bag of popcorn use your chocolate chips. I planned on only using white chocolate but ran out on the third bag. I thought the chocolate added to the goodness.
8. Once the chocolate is dry, store in an air tight container. Stored well this will last at least a week. That's how long the leftovers made it in our house.