What's Up Wednesday? October 2020

 We're having weird weather here.  We had snow at the beginning of the week and cold temperatures and it's supposed to be in the 60s this weekend.  Just in time for Halloween.


What we're eating this week:

I made Baked Potato Soup on Sunday with some cornbread.  Monday was sloppy joes over leftover cornbread.  I've got turkey meatballs or chicken on the menu for tonight.  Probably pizza Friday and mummy dogs on Halloween.  

What I'm reminiscing about: 

Our 10th wedding anniversary was really fun!  We had a nice little staycation.  It was really nice.  I wrote more about it here.  




What I’m loving:

Have you played this game?  We played it recently and loved it!  I've got it in my cart ready to order.  I can see playing this with family and laughing like crazy.  I'm imagining my dad and the hilarity that will ensue!


 .

What we've been up to:

We spent the weekend with our friends' boys while they were out of town.  We had the best time.  They're such great ages and such good boys!  


What I'm dreading worrying about:

Honestly, too much!  I've upped my workouts this week because I realized I was feeling stressed and I had not done some kind of workout every day last week.  Cold/bad weather is no excuse to not move.  I'm dreading the election, like most Americans.  No matter who wins I think there's going to be some ugliness.  

What I'm working on:

I've been working on a crochet nativity.  I've got Jesus, Mary, and Joseph done.  I have patterns for the manger and all the other characters and animals.  If they get done it will be a bonus!




What I'm excited about:

I'm excited about the Halloween candy chute we made.  I spray painted two mailing tubes black.  Then splattered some slime green paint on it, taped them together, and put some fun stickers on it.  





What I'm reading:
I'm reading Where the Forest Meets the Stars.  My MIL loaned it to me to read and told me it starts weird but not to give up on it.  So I didn't.  It did start weird but it's really good.  


What I'm listening to:

I can't quit Sirius XM radio in our new car.  90s on 9 and 80s on 8 are THE BEST channels!

What I'm watching:

I started The Home Edit and I'm hooked.  I wish my budget for organization was large enough to buy all of their stuff.  I also watched Design Home Makeover.  It was cute, I like the Shae's style.  I watched it thinking if I hired her to do my home I'd have to ask her to use brighter colors.                                       

What I'm wearing:

I got a new winter coat that's been getting a lot of wear.  I'm in a phase of only wanting to wear comfy clothes.  

What I'm doing this weekend:

We'll be shooting candy down the candy chute on Saturday.  I know we'll have some trick or treaters.  I'm dressing up in some costume I can put together with what we've got laying around here.    

What I'm looking forward to next month:
We are doing a low key Thanksgiving as far as I know.  I get to make the pies finally!

What else is new:

Not much, but here's a picture of me safely using spray paint.



 






Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

  1. I LOVED Where The Forest Meets The Stars. It's sooooo good. And I like your candy chute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts