Surgery Date and Goal Check In

My surgery has been scheduled for October 25.  That's a month away, not a couple weeks as we hoped.  I was pretty bummed at first, we missed being able to try to conceive this month and now we have to miss next month too.  That's two whole months we won't and can't (per doctor's orders) conceive.  Ugh!  But then I realized that October 25 is a Friday we don't have work.  Then I'll have the weekend to recuperate.  Since it's a month away my mom has time to request time off if she comes up for it.  Maybe Dad can even come with her and they can make it a long weekend.  Those are all good things.  We're praying that once the polyp is removed our chances of conceiving will go up dramatically.  I'm having a hysteroscopic polypectomy.  Here's more information on that from our doctor's website.  Scroll to the last category, that's what I'm having.  I googled it too.  There are youtube videos of the surgery if you are so inclined.  I'm not, I don't need to see that.

I thought this would be a good time to go over my 2013 goals and see how I'm doing.

Here are my seven goals for this year:

1.  I pray this is the year we become parents.

2.  Open an Etsy shop.
3.  Start working out again.
4.  Eat more healthy food, less processed junk.    
5.  Make good career decisions.
6.  Find a church, any church.
7.  Post more often



Let's review, shall we?
1.  See first paragraph.  We for sure won't become parents this year in the way that I had hoped.  Maybe we will conceive this year.  Maybe we won't.  Maybe other doors will open for us.  God's plan for us is perfect.

2.  As usual, I just can't bring myself to crochet when it's warm out.  I planned to make cute kids hats this summer to put online this fall.  I have zero completed, let alone started.  It's so silly!  I still have time to make this happen.  I better start hooking!

3.  I did great this summer.  I went to Zumba a couple times a week and was generally more active.  I lost 10 pounds this summer.  Then school started.  

4.  I am hit or miss on this one.  For the most part, I eat pretty well.  Sometimes I allow myself too many treats.  Stress/emotional eating gets me every time.

5.  Um.... see... the deal is I am not very happy in my new job.  It's okay, it's fine, it's everything I thought it would be, and everything I thought I wanted/needed to reignite my love of teaching.  But I have realized that my purpose is no longer to be a teacher.  I'm not sure what I'll do.  Again, God's plan is perfect.  I'm realizing I'm not where He wants me to be.  But right now I feel like I need to stay where I am and see this through for as long as He wants me to and as long as I can stand it.  I work with great people and I am doing great work but my heart isn't in it anymore.

6.  I'd say we rocked this one out of the park!  Who knew that we would find such an amazing place to worship God?  I feel like God really led us to LCF.  The sermons are great, the pastors are all really good, the music is just right.  It's not a show, there are no "look at me up here on the pulpit moments."  It's all about Jesus.  Our small group, our small group!  I could go on and on about this group of couples we randomly ended up with.  One of the pastors told us he really thought we would like this group but gave us a list of other groups to check out.  He was so right on, we went to this group and never checked out any others.  We have made such wonderful friends and have grown stronger in our faith.  We love our church!

7.  My goal is to post at least once a week.  Even if it's just a picture of my lunch!  LOL!  Even if it's just a rambling stream of consciousness like now.  I love posting my thoughts, projects, and food.

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa!! I am so hopeful that your upcoming surgery provides the results you (and I) are hoping for!! Thoughts and prayers for everything to work out.

    As for #5... Any thoughts about becoming a special instructor with First Steps?? I'm totally thinking you could do this, plus you would have amazing flexibility for when goal #1 is met.. :-)

    ♥ Julie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts