What’s Up Wednesday - August 2020


How is August almost over?

What we're eating this week:

I made a really tasty tomato tart on Sunday. It was a pie crust with goat cheese, garlic, red onion, and cherry tomatoes from the farmers market. I sprinkled on the last of my parsley from my coffee can herb garden.  No pictures but I was inspired by this recipe.  

Monday was leftovers. Tuesday we had ice cream. I had plans to make chicken Florentine from the Magnolia cookbook but it’s so hot out!  I'll probably make that on Thursday and have breakfast for dinner tonight.  

What I'm reminiscing about: 

My birthday was really fun this month.  I slept in and Matt made me breakfast.  We had a visit from my brother and family. 


I got to share my cake with them.   I thought the cake turned out super cute.  It was tasty too.  My brother finished off Evalyn's, she's a frosting girl, and Emma wanted another piece.   



Then we went to Torchy’s for lunch. It was really good!  We walked around the mall a bit. I had a really long nap.  Then talked to my parents for a while.   It was a great day!

What I’m loving:

I'm not wishing away summer but my favorite skinny syrups have the fall flavors out AND Matt found some at TJ Maxx.  During the stay at home orders I ran out and started ordering from the company directly.  Even when the orders were lifted stores like TJ and Home Goods weren't stocked. So when he was running there for some bluetooth headphones (another thing I'm loving because they work great and are less than $20) I asked him to look for some coffee syrup.  This is what he sent me:

Yes, yes, yes!


What we've been up to:

I'm wrapping my head and heart around the thought of getting a new car.  It was part of our 2020 plan.  But I balked, our cars were working fine, why spend the money? I have been saving for the day it became necessary.  It may be getting closer now.  Matt's car was in the shop again this week.  Luckily, it was withing our fix or ditch threshold so we can car shop without the worry of needing a second car right away.


What I'm dreading worrying about:

My sister-in-law is in Texas working with emergency workers that are staying at the hotel she works for.  She and her boyfriend were way, way south near Mexico.  She's been moved but he is still down south.  Her move put her a bit closer to the hurricane path (San Antonio).  She's waiting to help care for the emergency workers that will be staying there.  It's a bummer they can't be together.  Praying for both of them!

What I'm working on:

I finished up the face masks I wanted to make for the family.


These are the kind that are fitted over your nose.  I used bias tape to make the ties with pony beads to cinch them tight.


One set of nephews and nieces are going back to in person school.  My SIL works in a school and they are both required to wear masks full time.  They didn't have enough so I sat down last night and whipped up these in adult, child, and hopefully toddler size.  Emma is two but I can't leave her out! 

I also finally made a boyish zipper pouch for Jack.  


What I'm excited about:
We've been planning what to do for our 10th wedding anniversary in October.  It's nice to have something to look forward to!

What I'm reading:
I have been surprisingly busy enough at work to not have finished a book a week.  I started one my coworker finished called Between Sisters by Kristen Hannah last week.  I'm about half way through.  

What I'm listening to:

Same podcasts and music.  I haven't really found anything new lately. 

What I'm watching:

Still watching Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix. It’s one of those shows that I’m slow watching because it’s so good. I don’t want it to end. 

Somebody Feed Phil - Wikipedia

Along the same lines, I'm watching Escape to the Country.  It's on TV everyday and it's on YouTube!  It's like a British House Hunters of people looking to move the English countryside.  I guess I'm looking for travel and adventure right now. 

                                       

What I'm wearing:
Pretty much as soon as I get home I'm getting out of my work clothes and getting into comfy clothes.  I wear jeans to work most days.  

What I'm doing this weekend:
We’re hopefully having at least one niece over and hopefully her siblings will join us!

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Next month is September, right?  Hmmm.... maybe cooler weather? 

What else is new:

Pickles found her toy basket again and is playing with toys like she's a puppy.  She's also staking her claim on the guest room.  If I can't find her in her usual napping spots, she has relocated to the brown fuzzy blanket on the guest bed.  





Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

Popular Posts