Hello Monday - 8.24.20

 This is how I spent most of the weekend.


Laying on the couch and resting with a sore back.  Pickles was a good caretaker as long as I had food around.  Ha!  She was also good at making me get up and move around to let her out and in and out and in.


I watched a lot of Netflix and did a lot of crocheting.  I finished a surprise project for a friend.  I decided to jump on the pocket shawl bandwagon on Saturday.  I had a poncho that I made last winter.  I used a variegated bulky yarn and didn't love the look of it.  So I frogged it.  I took it apart and rolled the yarn back up to use for the pocket shawl.  I'm almost done with it and I really like it!  I'll be sure to share it when it's done.

The most exciting thing that happened this weekend is my parents got a dog!  She's a sweet looking girl named Minnie.  She's a tree walker hound or fox hound.  They rescued her from the pound and they'll find out more when they take her to the vet next week.  I can't wait to meet her!  

My back is feeling much better, not 100% but better.  I'll finish the meds I got from my virtual visit and reevaluate if I need to follow up in person.  

I'm working from home today and using some of my vacation time.  Matt went to start his car and the battery was DEAD.  He couldn't even get the key out after he tried to start it.  Of course the jumper cables were in his trunk that wouldn't open.  He ran to buy another set, it's not bad to have one for each car.  It started right up when he applied the cables.  We let it charge for about five minutes and took it the the repair shop.  He took my car to work and I got the okay to work from home on what I could and use vacation time for the rest of the day.  I've got a ton of hours to use or lose left.

Luckily, Matt's car only needed a new battery.  But I emptied it out like it was a goner just in case.  We had it in the shop last summer and fall.  I've been trying to wait on getting a new car but it looks like I may need to wrap my head around that idea.  I feel like we got a new battery two years ago, buy maybe it was last year.  That's not good!  

This is how I feel about car shopping.
Car shopping


Sharing my link with Hello Monday.


Comments

Popular Posts