46

 

Yesterday was my birthday.  It was a great day!  I slept in.  Matt had coffee ready and made scrambled eggs and bacon.  Then he gave me my birthday present.  


I really loved using his Yeti.  For such a long time I poo pooed people who had Yeti's.  You can get off brands for so much less!  My inner bargain lover just couldn't wrap my brain around spending so much more.  Then I used his Yeti and his off brand tumbler (both he had received as gifts).  The difference is big.  Both keep drinks cold but the Yeti was better, it was more light weight, and easier to open and close.  I still wouldn't just go buy one but it's the perfect birthday gift.  

Later in the morning, I got a surprise visit from this crew!  I'm crazy about these silly kids!


It was good they came over because they helped us eat cake and sang happy birthday to me.  They all made cards for me and gave me a gift card to Longboards, a local sandwich shop with a Hawaiian flair.  Mom and Dad sent money and I used part of it to but that t-shirt that says Radiate Hope from my friends at Etch.Life.   I had been really wanting that one.  The message is perfect and the shirt is the coziest and comfiest! 


My cake turned out pretty cute!  I did a marble cake soaked in a white chocolate syrup covered with my old school buttercream recipe.  I did a bit of an ombre with the blue frosting and make some white chocolate shells.  I'm regretting my decision to not put peanut butter in those shells.  😀


Matt took me to lunch at Torchy's Tacos.  It was our first time and we loved it!  It's near the Trader Joe's.  We tried to go there but the line was ridiculously long.  Not worth it for our purposes of buying snacks and junk food.  Then home for a nap and a nice long chat with my parents.  I also had a surprise visit from my friend Becky.  It had been too long since we'd seen each other pre-covid and this virus just prolonged that.  It was great to see her, she had a bag of goodies for me.  Too sweet!

The rest of our weekend was really great as well.  We went to our nephew Sawyer's baseball game on Friday.  He was pitching.  He did a great job.  It was Jill's birthday so we went to her house for dinner afterward.  We got her a candle and some headbands.  I have a goal of being able to make cute headbands to give as gifts, but I'm still practicing that one.  They got me a cute little wallet and body spray.  

Saturday night we went to my in-laws house where they grilled out steaks and hasselback potatoes with a tasty salad.  They got me a cute top, some lotion, and the Magnolia volume 2 cookbook.  I can't wait to cook through that one!

I took today off work and have really enjoyed it!


Sharing my link here.


Comments

  1. Happy Birthday! It sounds like a perfect day. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I poo poo'd the Yeti for years too and now I own three of them (in different styles/sizes) an just LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts