Hello Monday! 8.31.20

Hello Monday and the last day of August!  Again, how did August go by so quickly?

We had a great weekend!  I wrote about my Trader Joe's shopping on Friday and how it was like a mini-vacation just shopping in a different area of town.  🤣

I deleted social media off my phone for the weekend.  I felt like I was back to letting it suck my time away.  It's good to get out of the know sometimes.  

Saturday was a rainy morning.  We knew we had at least one niece coming over so I ran to Dollar Tree to pick up some rainy day crafts and puzzles.  Our local one has a smallish little craft section.

We ended up having 3/4 kids stay the night with us ages 12, 10, and 5.  So sweet that the 12 year old still wants to hang out with us!!  

Pickles got a lot of love.  


Which made her a lap dog.  Yes!


We had a fun night.  The girls did some of the crafts.  We played Uno, ordered Chipotle, and watched movies.  Sunday morning we made pancakes, had coffee, and went for a walk at our new favorite spot.







We came back to the house and had leftovers and sandwiches for lunch.  Then we just went outside and played.  We played catch, with jump ropes, and hit golf whiffle balls.   It was such a nice day!  

Matt and the kids had collected walnuts so they tried a few different tools to crack them open.  That left their hands stained and sticky.  I had a bright idea to make some coffee sugar scrub.  They really liked it so we made some for them to take home.  

After we dropped them off with Matt's sister, we went to run some errands.  Matt wanted a new grill grate for our grill.  We looked at a store in Westport right across the street from Donutology.  It's the kind of place that we drive by and say we should go there sometime but never have.  We fixed that yesterday and shared a mini snack pack. 

Lemon Meringue, French Toast, Death By Chocolate
 S'Mores, Sweet Candy Bacon, Birthday Cake

We used the new grill grate for dinner.  Matt grilled salmon and sour dough bread and I opened a salad kit from Trader Joe's.  We ate on the patio and then talked to my mom on the phone.  

Now it's a rainy Monday morning and I should finish getting ready for work.  But not before linking up with Hello Monday.  





Comments

  1. Oh my goodness; those donuts looks amazing! What a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts