What's Up Wednesday? March 2019



What we're eating this week?

Here's our menu board for the week.  Some old favorites, some new recipes, and a bunch of treats to share with our small group.  But instead of nutella cream puffs I'm taking doctored up brownies.  

What I'm reminiscing about?

Last weekend we went to our nephew's 7th birthday party.  He had a nerf party.  So much fun!



What I'm loving?

Have you ever had Irish butter?  I'm officially a butter snob.   They sell it at Aldi right now!

What we've been up to?

We have been walking a lot!  We have a great neighborhood for walking.  I have multiple routes that range from 1/2 a mile to 3 miles.  When I started walking last year the 1/2 mile one left me tired.  Over time my speed and stamina has picked up.  Pickles is the ultimate walking buddy.  We got her a new hot pink harness that is reflective.  Safety first!



What I'm dreading?

Easter candy!  Mostly, I'm concerned that I can't eat as much as I used to be able to eat.  I tried a little bag of Cadbury mini eggs - my all time fave!  That was fine.  One tiny bag was enough!  What?  Who am I?  Then I tried a little box of mini robin's eggs and couldn't eat the whole carton.  :)  Last year, I could eat a carton and then some!  Maybe not in one sitting but for sure in one day.  Now a handful makes me feel sick.  This healthy eating is really putting a cramp on my Easter candy eating and EVERYONE knows that Easter candy is superior to all the other candy.  

What I'm working on?

I have a new C2C crochet pattern that I am working on.  Can you guess what it will be?  It's a graphigan and is my favorite bird.  

What I'm excited about?

Buying new *smaller* clothes and fitting into clothes already in my closet.   Warm weather to get outside and walk more often.    

What I'm reading?

Lifeway is closing their brick and mortar store in the northland so I bought a bunch of books and a new study Bible for Matt and I.  I started with a fiction one by Colleen Coble.   February was a month full of duds that I won't have any books completed in March.  

What I'm listening to?

Right now, I'm listening to Pickles snore sweetly.  

What I'm watching? 

There are two new to me YouTube channels that I am loving.  One is Cupcake Jemma and the other is Bigger, Bolder, Baking (the host's name is also Gemma).  

What I'm wearing?
Did I mention new clothes?    I also got some new slip on shoes that I'm loving.  They're Dr. Scholl's.


What I'm doing this weekend?
I have a room I want to paint and get organized.  The craft room, as Matt named it, has been a catch all junk room.  Time to organize and paint.  I think I've said this before.  But this time I've actually picked a paint color.

What I'm looking forward to next month?

April is Easter month.  Spring will be in full steam.

What else is new?

Matt's work has this health incentive for the type of insurance we have.  If we meet certain health and fitness goals our rates won't go up.  I've been on this health and workout journey since last year.  It's only March and I've already reached 90% of the goal because my blood test numbers have improved, my weight has dropped, and I hit fitness goals in the walking challenges.




Bonus:  What is my favorite Easter side dish?

Has to be cheesy potatoes!  Scalloped or hash brown casserole any kind of cheesy potato is good.




Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

Popular Posts