Friday Five #8

ONE
We were a little stir crazy last weekend and needed to get out of the house.  We went to lunch at a new to us spot called Mission Taco Joint.  They have a few locations in St. Louis and brought a location over to KC near the plaza.  It was really good! Great margarita, good tacos.  I think I prefer Taco Republic but it was really good.  I'd go back.

TWO
After lunch we went to the Kemper Museum of Modern Art.  The Nelson was packed so we opted for the less crowded place.  They had a bright and colorful exhibit and a hands on section to make your own art.  Here are our creations below.


THREE
The next stop was Whole Foods.  We approached it very much like the museum walking all the aisles taking everything in.  We bought some snacks and natural deodorant and spent more there than I had the day before at Aldi for the week.  

THREE AND A HALF
I've tried a lot of natural deodorants over the last year and they don't work.  Or they have so much baking soda they burn your pits.  I saw this at Whole Foods and remembered the exchange student in high school that used this.  I used this mineral deodorant once back then but it was so hard to find I didn't continue.  I'm happy to say that I have used it for a week and it works.  I've even worked out a couple times.  We'll see how it holds up in the summer. 



FOUR
Matt's grandma turned 100 on Wednesday.  She is a hoot!  She's still sharp as can be.  She had a great time!  I got to see some of Matt's family we don't get to see much and meet a cousin for the first time.


FIVE
I spent the day with Mayela today, one of my longest friends.  Not old because I feel like a wiser version of those 19 year old girls.  :)  We crafted, chatted, and had lunch.  Today we made earrings with polymer clay.  The first is similar to the example we saw - kind of a half moon.  The disc and the little balls are my favorites though.  Super fun!  Feeling very blessed by her friendship.  



Comments

Popular Posts