Friday Five #11

ONE
When we moved into our home last year I found the perfect table for our kitchen/dining area.  It is solid wood.  It was $40 and the seller told me they didn't have the leaf anymore but she didn't tell me the sliders wouldn't open all the way.   After about a year, we took the table apart and found that the screws were too long and were blocking the slider from opening all the way.  

TWO
The top was pretty rough.  I bought a sander and got to work.  The left side is sanded and the right is how it looked when we got it. 


THREE
I did three coats of a stain/poly.  We put it back together last night.  Check it out!  It opens fully!!  Next I'll get to work on making a leaf.  I think some plywood will work.  I'll report back!  So far we're $80 in on the table.  We purchased 4 chairs for $30 each.  I priced just new tables that were similar and it was way more than $200.  Way more!  



FOUR
I'm trying some new mascara.  I love the little sample packs you can get.  I got these are Sephora.  I'm not sure about the primer yet.  But the mascaras are all really good.  I tend to like most of Tarte's makeup.    

FIVE
I've had to do some serious shopping.  I got tired of all my jeans falling off.  I know I have the gift of exaggeration but that is not an exaggeration.  They literally fall off.  I've purchased two new pairs of jeans that can roll up into capri pants for summer.  I've shopped the back of my closet and pulled out some pants that I haven't comfortably worn in a long time.  Yay!


Comments

Popular Posts