February Book Reviews

Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer


I checked this book out early in February as an audio book.  I thought the name alone would make this a great book.  It said it was about three sisters who go home to Nantucket for the summer.  I couldn't even finish it.  The sisters were one minute likable and the next whiny and annoying.  I kept listening to see if it would get better.  One chapter would be good and the next they're annoying again.  The type of sisters that make me happy I'm the only girl in my family.  

Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid


I gave another chick lit type of audio book a try and was not disappointed with this one.  I've read another book by this author called One True Loves.  So far in both books her female lead characters haven't been annoying.  This book was really enjoyable.  The main character moves back to LA and the book reads like a choose your own adventure novel.  It goes back to making the choice to go home with her high school love on her first night home or not.  Different things happen but they are intertwined and I couldn't decide which life was the best even in some tragedy.  


A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny


This is another book I started and couldn't get into.  This is a sequel to a book I read and really liked in December.  I was several chapters in and could not keep going.  I thought it was about just this detective in Canada but it's really about the town from the first story AND the detective.  I thought I'd power through the first 100 pages and see if it picked up but the due date came up and someone else had a hold on it.  Maybe I'll give it another try sometime.  


Comments

Popular Posts