What's Up Wednesday? - March 2018


It's What's Up Wednesday!  Here's What's up!

What we're eating this week?

I've been killing it in the dinner department this week.  Sunday was Slow-Cooker Bahn Mi bowls from Skinnytaste.  Monday was Tortelini Primavera from the Pioneer Woman.  Tuesday was taco night with ground turkey and new to me uncooked flour tortillas from Costco.  Wednesday is leftovers and Thursday will be Salmon and veggies.  

What I'm reminiscing about?


Last weekend was Jack's 6th birthday.  He had a bowling party with friends from kindergarten.  I was so thankful to be invited.  I honestly worried that once he started having friend parties we wouldn't be invited anymore.  That happens and it breaks my heart.  I'm really grateful!




What I'm loving?


These chips from Late July.  They remind me of cool ranch but better.  

What we've been up to?



We went to the coolest class last weekend.  It was evangelism training.  Basically, helping us share the Good News.  I learned in Perspectives that evangel means good news.  Anyway, this was called No Place Left Gospel training.  No Place Left seeks to fulfill the great commission in Matthew 28 so that some from every tribe, tongue, and nation will know and worship God.  It gave us a tool to help share Jesus with people.  It can be scary, but it shouldn't because this is eternity we're talking about.  Ask me about the 3 circles. 

What I'm dreading?

We're still trying to figure out paint colors.  Our house hasn't been painted since it was built in 2011 and they used flat paint.  The people who lived here before us didn't paint anything except a bathroom that we can tell.  Flat paint is hard to clean and over time it's gotten dirty and dingy.  But I think the worst part of it is all the holes that need filling and patching.  I filled 30+ holes behind a door.  

What I'm working on?


Filling holes!  Also, I've been working a lot leading a project to get our church database management software switched over.  It's overwhelming the amount of information but I really do enjoy it! 

What I'm excited about?

I just joined the Refit Revolution on demand workout community.  I've been doing their choreography for years in different zumba and dance fitness classes.  I've done the free you tube channel workouts and I finally decided to join their website to get full workouts.  I don't know why I thought it was crazy expensive, it's not.  It's $10 per month.  

What I'm reading?

This month I finished the Beach Street Bakery book and Unseen by Sara Hagerty.  I like Sara's writing.  Some of her stories I can't relate to but she brought every point home using the verses from the Bible about the woman who annointed Jesus' feet with her oil/perfume.  

What I'm listening to?

Here's a very favorite song of mine.  


What I'm watching?

Only shows that are funny and/or inspiring.  I can't even handle shows that are scary or sad.  I don't have enough time in my life for someone else's fictional drama.  LOL!  I watched Wuthering Height on PBS recently.  It had drama but it was so good!   

What I'm wearing?

 These are the best pants ever!  They are from Costco and I'm about to go buy all the colors.



What I'm doing this weekend?

We are hosting Easter for a late lunch after church. 

What I'm looking forward to next month?

So many things - Easter, new stuff at work, a women's conference, and my parents are coming sometime later in the month. 

What else is new?

I just can't think of anything right now. 

Bonus: What is my favorite Easter tradition?

Church on Good Friday and on Easter Sunday.  Gathering with family for a big meal. 













Comments

Popular Posts