Friday Faves!

Hey!  Look what I found in my drafts folder?  Forgot to hit publish on this one.


My most favorite thing about today is date night!  Not sure what we are doing, but it's with my favorite person in the world so it'll be great!  UPDATE:  We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, to see the movie Black Panther (everyone go see this!), and for some ice cream.  Below is a picture of us in Puerto Vallarata getting our daily ice cream.



I wrote about this CC cream on Monday but it is a favorite.  I love that I can build up the coverage if I want to cover some redness.  It's got SPF and it was less than $20.  I love good make up, but I know a lot of drugstore brands are just as good and this is doing the trick.  


I'm not working on Fridays anymore so my friend Jennifer and I have been having fun on Friday mornings.  We met before I worked and had coffee but now we can have more time.  Sometimes it's just coffee, sometimes breakfast, today was Indian food for lunch.  We talk, laugh, pray, share life stories, and it's such a bucket filler for me!


Now that I actually have a pantry I have been working on organizing.  I am loving these OXO pop containers.  The three smaller ones are powdered sugar, sugar, and brown sugar.  The brown sugar hasn't gone all hard and lumpy in these.  The big one is flour. 



I've been looking for a round table for our kitchen/dining area since we move in here.  I knew I wanted it 42" or less, round, with a pedastal base, and bonus would be if it was expandable.  I've found a couple on the Facebook marketplace but have been on a waiting list.  Well, I got one today!  We got it for 40 dollars.  Matt and Johnny picked it up this afternoon.  I'm very excited about it!!  

It needs some love.  I think I just want to stain it.  I thought about paining the base white, black, or navy but it's pretty nice.  The mechanism that extends it seems to need some work and they didn't have the leaf.   I may be on the lookout for a round rug.  Now I need chairs.  A local thrift shop had some that would be perfect a few weeks ago for $12/chair.  I'll be stopping by there tomorrow.  They were dirty and I would probably paint those since they were pretty rough.  If they are there and if I can get them for cheaper than that based on their condition. 


Saturday was massage day for us!  We bought massage gift cards for Valentine's day and have been cancelled on twice by the company.  We had great massages on Saturday and they offered us a discount if we wanted to come back.  No need to twist our arms!  We are going back next month.   Funny story - my therapist asked if I worked at a desk as she was massaging my right forearm.  I said yes and she said oh yeah, I can tell.  Ha!  Who knew?

Afterwards, we went to Home Depot to pick paint for our bedroom.  I've been wanting to do navy but Matt was not sold.  We split up and looked.  I was looking at less orange neutrals and he came back with a color he liked a lot.  It was the one on the right.  We found another blue that we liked that was a bit lighter.  The jury is still out but I think we are leaning towards the darker navy for our bedroom,  It's big enough and gets good light.  We love the other blue too.  Maybe another bedroom or the bathroom downstairs?  I don't know.  We've got swatches all over our bedroom in different corners.

I did figure out that our walls are a Sherwin Williams paint called Latte.  We're sure it's the builders original paint from 2011, which was flat, which is why it looks so dirty and dingy.  



Linking up with A Little Bit of Everything & The Blended Blog

Comments

Popular Posts