What Have I Been Reading? Best of 2016

Best of 2016 Edition:

I have a few books in the works but nothing I've finished yet this month.  So today I bring you my top favorites of 2016.  I had a goal to read 12 books this year because I hadn't been reading much over the previous couple years.  Well, I blew that out of the water and read 36 books.  Once I got started reading I couldn't stop.  I read everything from nonfiction, Christian living, Bible study, historical fiction, romance, and cookbooks.  So many great things to read!  

Favorite Fiction:

Secrets of a Charmed Life - oh so good!  I loved this book so very much.  It was not the first historical fiction set in World War 2 I read and it probably will not be the last.  


Favorite Nonfiction:

Play With Fire - I love that this book approached the Holy Spirit not only with reverence but with a reminder that the Holy Spirit is a gift from Jesus with us every day.  


Favorite Funny Book:

Nobody's Cuter Than You - Hilarious!


Favorite Romance: 

Party Girl - Sweet story!  I'd love to read the others in the series but they only have them on Amazon.  No library versions to check out.  


Favorite True Crime:

Devil in the White City - What a story!  And it's true.  I need to remember to put more books by this author on my list of books to read.


Honorable Mention:

The Paris Wife - this was the first historical fiction book I read which sent me into looking for more books in this genre.


Bread & Wine - for the recipes alone this is a great book about hospitality.



First up for 2017:
You Are Free - I know I've carried on about this book, but it is amazing!  My goal is to finish it over the Christmas/New Year's weekends.



On my nightstand:  Breaking Busy and All the Light You Cannot See.  



Comments

Popular Posts