What's Up Wednesday? July 2018


July was a fun one!

What we're eating this week?

Low carb everything - breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.  Lots of lean protein and vegetables.

What I'm reminiscing about?


Vaughan family fun in Branson.  We even had 3 Alaska cousins join us this year!


What I'm loving?
It's been just a touch cooler this week.  It's been really nice to be outside and not melt.

What we've been up to?

Revising our house improvements plans. There are some things we wanted to do inside and tools we need but have been putting off to have a fence added to the backyard.  Well, the fence is twice as much as we anticipated so we are going to do some of the small things like new furniture for upstairs (a sectional or more than likely a nice recliner), mattress topper since our pillow top isn't so fluffy anymore but the mattress is still good, maybe new slip covers for the couch we have, and we just bought a cordless weed eater/edger.  

What I'm dreading?

Well, avoiding is more the word.  Touching up the paint in the living room, entry way, and kitchen.  Lesson learned - always spend money on good rollers especially if you are hoping to get away with one coat.  I used the good rollers in our bedroom and one coat was enough in most places.  🙄


What I'm working on?

I've got a fun little embroidery project I'm working on now.   Here's a sneak peak.  



What I'm excited about?

Vacation next month!  I'm trying to decide on gulf coast beaches and whether we get a hotel or not.  I've narrowed it down to Clearwater and Madeira Beaches.  But I'm not 100% sold on either.  I would love to go back to Anna Maria Island or Ft. Myers Beach too.

What I'm reading?

I'm just starting The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand.  I have heard good things about this author and this book.  I'll report back!



What I'm listening to?

Catching up on my podcasts this week.  I haven't listened to any in a couple weeks.

What I'm watching?

I have been sucked into the world of youtube beauty videos.  I've enjoyed hair tutorials for a while now.   My favorites are Kate at The Small Things Blog for hair/beauty/fashion, Allie Glines for make up, and Angie at Hot and Flashy for mature skin make up tips and tricks.  I like Angela Lanter, Ashley Brooke, and Abby at Twist Me Pretty.

What I'm wearing?

I did some outlet shopping during our Branson vacation.  Everything I bought was some shade of green or blue.  So I'm challenging myself to mostly where blue or green this week.  Ha!


What I'm doing this weekend?

We're having a slumber party with Jack and Evalyn!

What I'm looking forward to next month?

Florida!!
.

What else is new?

Nothing much.  

Bonus:  What has been my favorite thing about summer?

Summer isn't over yet but so far I have enjoyed having a neighborhood pool.  



















Comments

Popular Posts