What Did I Eat? Week 3

Another week, another meal plan report.  I usually plan our meals on Thursday night.  Then I make our grocery list and go shopping after I work at Etch.Life.  This past week was rough on the produce, especially the lettuce and spinach.  By the end of the week it was too far gone for my planned lunch salad.  I may have to add a shopping day when salad is planned.

Snacks
Apples
Peaches
Lara Bars (Aldi sells them for less than $5 a box)

Breakfast
Smoothies
Pumpkin Cornbread
Peanut Butter Brownie Baked Oatmeal - I only had 2 bananas but it was still yummy!
I had time to kill after an early doctor's appointment Tuesday so I went to First Watch.  I had steel cut oats with strawberries, bananas, and pecans.  They served the sugar and milk on the side.  It also came with a muffin.  I thought it was a bit pricey for oatmeal and a muffin but I got more than one breakfast out of it.

Lunch
Still rocking the leftovers.

Dinner
Vegetarian Chili with no jalapeno and quinoa because I forgot the bulgur.  Pumpkin Cornbread and some blue corn tortilla chips.
Fall Salad with Maple Vinaigrette - I love putting roasted squash or sweet potatoes on a salad!
Salmon (Wild Caught) with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli
Nooch Popcorn - Matt had to work late the night I was planning to make the salmon and he had men's group.  I didn't time it right so he got a cheeseburger and I had popcorn and a square of freshly baked oatmeal.  That's my kind of dinner!  My former single self was only missing a glass of wine.
Costco Chicken Ceasar Salad minus the chicken.  Costco has some amazing vegan options.  And cute fluffy teddy bears.


Flatbread Pizza - His - garlic naan, tomato paste, mozzarella, meatballs, roasted broccoli, caramelized onion.  Hers - garlic naan, tomato paste, roasted broccoli, black olives, caramelized onion, red pepper flakes, with carrots, celery and hummus.  Pictured below.  I may not look like much, but it was delicious.



I think I will plan one dish per week that has meat.  I'm aiming for that to be grass fed organic beef, hormone free pork/chicken, or wild caught salmon.  I may throw in some meat on other nights for Matt but thankfully he is on board for this whole plant based eating thing.

Last Monday, we had to attend a banquet for a mission organization in KC.  Neither one of us typically like this kind of banquet - you know where there's a meal and round tables and speakers and envelopes.  But since we are coordinating Perspectives next year there was a table for us and a chance to promote our loop of classes in KC.  They were serving Jack Stack BBQ.  I'm glad that I'm not a hardcore vegan or I would have had nothing to eat.  Fortunately, there was Olive Garden salad and I was able to grab some before the caterer dumped two bottles of dressing on it.  I loaded my plate with salad, had some beans, a slice of turkey, and half a slice of brisket.  I grabbed a piece of cake that I thought was chocolate vanilla but was really tres leches on top and chocolate on the bottom.  I think it's a magic cake.  I ate half of the cake, it was way too sweet.  After dinner I had the worst headache!  Meat and dairy?  It was too much.  I felt sluggish and grouchy.  Crazy, huh?

Comments

Popular Posts