What Did I Eat? Week 2

Here's another report of what I ate last week on my plant based diet.  This is week 2 which begs the question:


I would say I'm 90% vegan, 10% carnivore.  I added some meat back in and felt fine.  I didn't really miss meat or cheese again this week.

Snacks
Fruit
Popcorn
Cashews
Raisins

Breakfast - aka if it ain't broke don't fix it
Baked Oatmeal - a different recipe that I didn't love.  Matt liked it okay so he ate it more than I did.  This did not have the bananas and I think that made a difference.
Smoothies

Lunch 
Leftovers from dinner
Subway - veggie sub on whole wheat bread.

Dinner
Brown Rice Pasta with spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic and tomato sauce - I actually planned to just use whole wheat pasta but Aldi didn't have any.  I grabbed this Live G Free brown rice pasta and it was surprisingly good.  It was a bit more dry that even whole wheat pasta but the texture was very much the same as pasta.  A nice surprise and good to know if I ever need to take dinner to someone with gluten sensitivities.


Not Refried Beans - used in burritos and with the chicken fajitas as a dip.  Matt added cheese to his burritos.  There are about 6 burritos in the freezer, one 8 ounce container of beans in the freezer, and one in the frig.

Sheet Pan Supper - (BTW-I never call dinner supper except for this meal. 😃)  Tonight was Apple Gouda Chicken sausages for Matt, sweet potatoes, and broccoli all roasted on the same sheet pan.  The link gives a good order of things.  Potatoes go in first, then the veggie, then the sausage.  If the veggies are frozen I will put them in for almost as long as the potatoes.

Curry Pilaf - this was my one meat of the week.  I used organic, grass fed beef.  I heard about this recipe on a podcast and was seriously intrigued.  It was delicious!

Chicken Fajitas - We had this Saturday night.  We invited Johnny, Sonia, and the kids over for dinner.  Matt grilled the chicken and use the vegetable basket for some of the peppers and onions.  I threw some of the veggies in the oven because I made a lot!  I started with a vegan jalapeno popper.  It was okay, cashew cream sauce is supposed to be the substitute for cheese.  Nope.  Not at all like cheese, more like hummus.  Not bad at all, it was good as a dip, but not at all like nacho dip.  I had whole wheat tortillas and all the veggies plus some cabbage, tomatoes, refried beans, salsa, black beans, corn, and it was huge!  I tried a piece of chicken because Matt did a great job grilling.  Sonia brought over a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting.  The cake part was made with applesauce but she didn't know I'm half vegan now so she apologized for bringing it.  Oh, I ate that cake.  I have to live my life.  If 95% of the rest of the food I put in my mouth is healthy, I can afford a piece of pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting.  It was delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts