I had a lot of time to wait yesterday after my eye doctor appointment. They dilated my eyes and I could not see to drive. I prepared for that fact by bringing some coffee money and a book. The coffee shop was across the street. I didn't anticipate the fact that I wouldn't be able to read. Ha! So I used dictation to text Matt, called my dad but talked to my mom, listened to a podcast and a half, then I took a walk around the neighborhood. After that I sat in my car and dictated to my notes app this post. It was prompted by the fact that my eye doctor looked about 20. #deepthoughts
I'm old enough...
- to wonder if I could be my eye doctor's mom.
- to need to worry about things like blood sugar.
- to get a few more aches and pains in the ol' bones and muscles.
- where the thought of going to bed after 11pm does not sound like fun at all.
- to be called ma'am regularly and appreciate it fully.
- to value small things in life.
- to think about retirement funds.
- to know how to live within a budget.
- that being without a TV is not torture. The same goes for a microwave and dishwasher.
- to attempt to fix said dishwasher with tools and youtube.
- to be okay with saying no to things. Even things that are good and fun. Even when your sweet friend is speaking and a lot of your other friends are going.
- to change careers and find that you love it and are fulfilled by the work you do.
- to not be afraid of taking a risk because God has proven time and again that he is faithful and good all the time. Sometimes He is even so generous it blows your mind.
- to also know that God's idea of good and my idea of good are not always one and the same.
- that I remember the days of house phones, cables, cords, and TVs that were huge and bulky.
- to know that life is all about the people you love.