What have I been reading? - March



I've been trying to be more mindful about reading actual books.  Not just magazines and blog posts.  Not just perspectives homework.  I'm using Goodreads to keep track of what I read and signed up for a reading challenge.  I'm well on my way to meeting my 12 books (1 per month) goal.  I also have a list of books I want to read.  When I hear of a new book I think I'll like I just add it to my list. 


The first book is one I started and stopped but finally finished in March.  The Devil in the White City is about the Chicago World's Fair.  It's actually Matt's book that I borrowed.  I really liked this book.  I liked how the author told this true story of all the great things happening in the city of Chicago with the architecture and how they won the fair.  But at the same time there's a serial killer preying on young women among others.  I gave this 4 out of 5 stars.  I am looking forward to reading more books by Erik Larson.

The second book is one I learned about while listening to The Happy Hour podcast.  The guest was Rachel Hollis. Previously, I had no idea who she was but now I just adore her website and Instagram feed.  I was in need of a light and easy read.  This was just the book.  I thought the main character, Landon, is such a great girl.  Tough cookie, hard worker, risk taker, sweet, and full of integrity.  I gave this 5 out of 5.  She has more books in the girls series that I can't wait to read.


The last book I read in March was a memoir about a woman who lost 135 pounds!  She had a tough childhood and turned to food for comfort.  She lost the weight during college in her early 20s.  It's such a good book about eating to live and not being controlled by food.  I love the part where she realized that for years and years she had been eating McDonalds French fries but realized she didn't really like them.  She has a cookbook coming out called Eat in the Middle.  4 out of 5 stars from me.

Next up is a book by an author I've heard great things about but never read.


Linking up at

Link Party Palooza

A Little R & R

Comments

Popular Posts