Cake Mix Cookies

I did a little experiment over Memorial Day weekend with two kinds of cake mix cookies.  Both recipes are pretty different except they both use a cake mix.  As much as I love making cookies from scratch sometimes it's good to have a quicker version that requires little measuring.  Just throw some extra goodness in there and BAM you have delicious cookies!  So here is my review of two great recipes.



Please excuse the quick cellphone pictures but I made them for a couple of get togethers we had that weekend and I didn't even think about trying to be all cute and artsy with my cookie pictures.  Ha!  

Anyway, the first cookie I made was called Easy Lemon Drop Cookies.    These used a lemon cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, lemon zest, and a packet of unsweetened lemonade flavored koolaid.  You roll them in powdered sugar and bake them.  They were moist and chewy.  So good!

The second cookie I made was called Chocolate Cake Reeses Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies.  They used a chocolate cake mix, melted butter, egg, chocolate chips, and peanut butter cups (I left these out since I didn't have any and used peanut butter chips instead).  These cookies were more crispy than chewy.  Still so good!

I loved them both.  The lemony cookies were so soft.   The chocolatey cookies were perfect for dunking.  Both were super tasty.  I'd love to try the same recipes with different flavors.  I think the difference in texture results from the oil and melted butter.  It really depends on what you are looking for in a cookie.  


Comments

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts