Happy National Donut Day!

Is it donut or doughnut?  I never know which one.  Donut always gets the squiggly "you've spelled this word wrong" line under it.  But doughnut is SO many more letters.  :)
IMG_1255
Yummy!  Here is the recipe I used.  I slightly adapted this recipe.  I adapted it so that I wouldn’t have a dozen donuts lying around the house and to add vanilla.  I also used my food scale to make cutting it in half easier.  Warning: these are nothing like the classic deep fried donut deliciousness but they'll do in a pinch and save on a few calories I'm sure.

Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
2 ounces all purpose flour
1.75 ounces sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
a few grates of fresh nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 egg
1 ounce vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon.
2. Add yogurt, egg, oil, and vanilla.
3. Mix until blended then spoon into your donut pan.
4. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
5. Let cool in the pan and place onto a wire rack.
6. Melt a pat of butter and brush those little babies then dip them into cinnamon sugar. 
IMG_1251
Here they are ready for the oven.  You’ll see that mine made 7 donuts. 
IMG_1253
Fresh from the oven.  
IMG_1254
Pre-cinnamon sugar.  I like to do messy stuff like that over the sink.  It saves clean up!

Comments

Popular Posts