What's Up Wednesday! September 2020

Happy end of September!  Here we are at the end of another month - wow.  Is 2020 the longest and shortest year all at once?  It sure feels like it.


What we're eating this week:

We had Monday Night Football nachos this week to watch the Chiefs play.  I made a cheese dip without processed cheese and it was really good.  Basically, drain a can of rotel and put it in a pot.  Let it cook a minute or so until the residual liquid has cooked off a bit. Add a 12 ounce can of evaporated milk and heat it through.  Add 12 ounces of shredded cheese a handful at a time.  It was really good.  I served some taco meat on the side but you could cook the meat first and then add the dip ingredients.  

What I'm reminiscing about: 

Tomorrow is our 10th wedding anniversary!  What a great day!


What I’m loving:

Vacation days!  I have a ton to use or lose.  I have today off with very few plans.

What we've been up to:

September brought all the "normal" things back.  We're meeting with our small group and doing a new study.  We've both had some busy work days.  I say some for me, some days have been busy some days I read books if I can't find a project.  It's more like busy busy busy for Matt at the hospital.


What I'm dreading worrying about:

Gosh, what aren't we dreading/worrying about right now.  Between covid, flu season, and the election there's plenty to worry about.  I am constantly reminding myself to give my worries to God and let the stress of it all go.

What I'm working on:

I made a couple fall pumpkin pillow covers.  They have an envelope closure on the back so they can slip on and off my regular pillows.  


I also made a daisy bead bracelet.  I just wanted to see if I could so I followed a tutorial and it turned out pretty cute.  Here it is stacked with a couple other bracelets.  Fun, right?!



What I'm excited about:
Changing seasons seem like a fresh start.  I'm ready for sweaters and jeans (or elastic waist pants - ha!).  


What I'm reading:
I'm reading The Ragged Edge of Night right now.  It's really good!  It's a WWII historical fiction novel.  Super interesting!


What I'm listening to:

I listened to Dear John - a podcast that was made into a TV show.  It was a true crime podcast.  It was crazy!  I enjoyed to storytelling of it so I found another one by the same producers that I just finished call Over My Dead Body.

What I'm watching:

I just finished Sugar Rush and am ready to start the new season of the Great British Bake Off.                                        

What I'm wearing:
Trying to accessorize more.  Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and now that it's getting cooler scarves.  Yesterday I pulled out a scarf that belonged to my grandma.

What I'm doing this weekend:
Tomorrow we are celebrating our anniversary.  This weekend, sadly, we are going to a funeral for our friends' son.  

What I'm looking forward to next month:
We have some fun plans for next month!  

What else is new:

I can't think of anything.  
 






Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

  1. Happy 10th Anniversary! I'm sorry about the death of your friends' son -- that's a hard road to walk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts