Friday Favorites - New Car Edition

 


Here she is - our new to us car.  Matt found us a really good one.  It's a 2017 Ford Escape, the titanium package, and only had just over 17,000 miles when we got bought it.   

We really love it!  But here are a few of my favorite things about it.

1.  Push button start.  It's like the Jetsons!  We each have a key fob and you just have to have it on you to get it started.  The car we traded in was a 2011 and the car we have (the one that I drove before this one) is a 2009.  We were lucky to have power locks!  Ha!


2.  Speaking of the key fob, there's more that you can do if you have it on you.  You can open and close the tailgate with your foot.  You can unlock and lock the doors by tapping the door handle.

3.  We have Siruis-XM Radio.  I haven't listened to the radio in so long.  It's so good!  My favorite stations so far are the 80s on 8, 90s on 9, and Pop2k.  Elementary, middle, and high school with college thrown in for good measure.  It would be embarrassing the number of times people have caught me getting down having a car dance party singalong if I wasn't having so much fun. 


4.  Rear view camera is pretty cool.  That screen above turns on the rear view camera when you put the car in reverse.  I know this isn't a super new thing in the world of cars but I've never had one and I've only been in a couple cars that actually have one.  Since the pandemic I've only been in our cars.  So all the bells and whistles are even newer and cooler to me.  

5.  The fact that it syncs with our phones is super awesome!  You can see on the home screen that it's synced with my phone.  It shows the coverage, your battery, and has 911 assist if I got in an accident.


You can make calls through the bluetooth.  The first call we made was to my mom.  We took Matt's parents on a drive and called his sisters.  When the phones are connected to the USB port (yes, it has a USB port, two actually) you can charge the phone, play apps, and make texts.  I have only tried playing a podcast but I know we can play music that's on our phones.  I think we can make texts to one person using the voice to text feature and I think it will read texts to me.  I haven't tried those yet.

I'm really grateful that we were able to purchase this new car.  We had a good chunk to put down thanks to our diligence in saving and the stimulus.  We didn't have to get a new car, the one we traded in wasn't dead but we had been putting some money into it.  It had reached that point where we knew the next time we had to play fix it or ditch it we would probably ditch it.

Thanks for reading!  I'll be linking up with Friday Favorites.









Comments

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts