Hello Monday! Happy Labor Day!

What a weekend!  I painted the front door the same color as the shutters, a chocolate brown.  It was pretty close the original color so only two quick coats and I was done.


We ended up buying a new car Friday night!  We love it!


On Saturday I finished a crochet project and baked a mini angel  food cake.  Then we got an impromptu invite to 3 Halves Brewery.  I tried a new one called the Drunkle (their version of a Dunkel) and the Pontoon Pounder (a grapefruit lemonade radler). Both yummy!  It was a warm afternoon - perfect to sit on the patio with friends.

Sunday was a bittersweet day.  It would have been Joey's 44th birthday.  I put together a fall bouquet and got some other fun things to decorate his grave.  It's just so hard to believe he's not here with us.  I miss my little brother every day but these days really get me.  


After the cemetery we ran a quick errand to Costco to get dog food.  I took a nap and read a little. Then we headed to my baby 🤣 brother's house.  We had dinner and angel food cake with buttercream in honor of Joe's birthday.  Then went to a bull riding for veteran's event in the little town next to them.  




Monday afternoon we had lunch with Matt's parents and took them on a drive in our new car.  We stopped by the honey hut for some local honey.  The beehives are not too far from the honey hut.  It's on the honor system.  I love it!  They had different sized bottles of honey, some candles, and a lock box to put your money in.  

Linking with 











Comments

Popular Posts