Friday Favorites - 9.18.20

Happy Friday!  It's looking like it will be another gorgeous Kansas City fall weekend.  I don't have many plans but being outside is going to be a big part of it.  

Matt and I watched the documentary on Netflix called The Social Dilemma.  I highly recommend it.  Social media can be great but there is a down side to it.  This is something we all feel on some level.  The hours that pass and you realized all you've done is scroll.  The negativity, the complaining, the division - we all see it, no matter how many happy accounts we follow.  I've deleted Instagram and Facebook off my phone.  I have to check in on FB for work so I do that at work.  I've checked in on Insta and FB from a browser on my phone just once.  


They talk about Pinterest and Youtube as well.  I've never been a big Pinterest scroller.  I love Pinterest but I just use it as a place to save recipes and ideas.  More like the journals I used to make with pictures and recipes I loved taped inside.  Youtube has been a problem for me.  After my brother's death sleep was (and still can be) hard to come by so I would watch baking, crafting, cooking, sewing videos.  It's a great place to learn new things but I need to stop the nightly watching videos before bed.  

Now here's something that is really cool about Youtube and the reason why I don't want to delete it off my phone.  Work out videos!  This week I've done this Pilates challenge.  I love finding good work out videos!


I couldn't decide what color to paint my nails so I picked all the pinks!


This week was busy at work.  Thursday was like old times (not necessarily a good thing).  I have one project I'm trying to finish and I keep getting pulled to do something else.  Basically all the ministries needed my help with something on Thursday and I was all over the place.  At one point my coworker said I looked like I needed a drink!  

I did grab a beer from a variety pack to drink while cooking dinner last night.  Ha!  It was an IPA that I wasn't crazy about so I used it to poach our salmon in and it was really good!

Well, let's end as all blog posts should end.  With a cute picture of Pickles!

Have a great weekend!


 

Comments

Popular Posts