Gratitude List aka Friday Five #31

Well, Friday came and went and so did the weekend.  So I'm going to start my Monday with a look back at the previous week and focus on some things I'm grateful for.  Which right now is that this is my online personal/public journal and not my job.  LOL! 

1.  Last weekend we found out that Matt's cousin from Alaska was in town with his oldest daughter (Zoey) and his parents (David & Julie) for a college tour, visit, and Chiefs game.  We made our way over to Matt's sister's house.  There was no way we could miss them, they are delightful!  Such sweet people.  Grant brought halibut from Alaska for dinner.  Matt's mom was impressed with my ability to rip that skin right off the fish.  😂  It was a really nice evening.

2.  We found a new to us walking trail over by Maple Woods.  It is a wide paved trail through the woods behind the baseball fields.   It's a two mile out and back type trail.  I would like to do that one again.  We decided it was so pretty it would be a great spot for senior pictures.  Here's Pickles' and Matt posing with Shoal Creek.


3.  I'm thankful for doctors that don't just throw antibiotics at me.  I had had an ear ache and sinus pressure for about a week.  I went to the doctor last Thursday pretty sure I would have a sinus or ear infection, but nope.  Just a virus and inflammation.  She gave me a steroid and flonase which has really helped.  It explains why I was so jazzed up this weekend and got tons of things done.  I ran about 10 different errands on Friday and then crashed hard.  That was most of my weekend.

4.  I had been on the lookout for something leopard and something mustard to add to my wardrobe this fall/winter.  I found the perfect leopard print cardigan with a great pattern and an okay mustard one that wasn't exactly what I wanted.  I REALLY wanted a long fuzzy mustard cardigan with pockets.  When Matt and I went out to Seasons 52 for dinner last weekend we walked around the plaza and in a store window I saw it.  It was exactly what I wanted.  Practical Lisa said I had purchased that one that was okay, it would be fine.  But Matt made me go in and feel it.  He was ready to buy it for me but they only had XS and S.  But it was from a local boutique that had an online store.  So long story short, I got it online (I know, I hate online shopping).  It was a great price with a discount for my first order and free fast shipping.  


5.  I'm still testing my blood sugar everyday to monitor my blood sugar.  I was out of those little test strips and went to Costco to buy some more.  It's much cheaper there than anywhere else, but it's still really expensive.  Well, it was a Sunday and the pharmacy was closed.   The pharmacist that fills my prescriptions at Saint Lukes told Matt that if I asked my doctor I could get them really cheaply.  I did and no problem at all.  I got them for $6 instead of $80.  Crazy!!  Grateful I can check my sugars and continue to work towards beating type 2.  

Comments

Popular Posts