Bake 2019 - October




October's first bake wasn't really a bake at all.  It's freezer garlic bread.  You could make your own loaf of italian bread or you could buy it for a dollar at Wal-Mart.  That's what I did this month.  Make some garlic butter with softened butter, crushed garlic, dried parsley, garlic powder, and salt if you want.  Slather it on your cut bread and put it in the freezer on a sheet pan.  After it's fully frozen you can put it in a ziploc baggie.  Bake it at 350 for 8-10 minutes from frozen.


______________________________

Next up Oatmeal Pumpkin Spicys.  Think oatmeal scotchies with pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin spice chips.  I found these pumpkin spice truffle chips and immediately thought of changing up oatmeal scotchies.  I wasn't a huge fan of the truffle chips but the cookies turned out pretty good.  



______________________________

Another pumpkin recipe!  Sally's Baking Addictions pumpkin bars.  Actually I think the title is something like the best ever pumpkin bars.  They have a pumpkin spiced cream cheese frosting.  SOOO good!  I took these to small group and Matt took some to work.  They were a big hit!


Look at how cute they are with these sprinkles!


_____________________________


I found this recipe on Pinterest while searching for a low carb make ahead breakfast.  These are low carb sausage egg and cheese balls.  They look more like sausage cookies, don't they?  It's okay, they still taste delicious!  Less than 1 carb per ball.  If I had left them in the frig to chill longer they probably would have held their shape better. 


______________________________


I made a 15 minute pizza crust from Bigger, Bolder, Baking.  She has a YouTube channel and a blog that I really like.  I may have gotten the cheese a bit brown (that's extra flavor) but the crust was great!  I used this dough again to make Mummy Dogs because I forgot to get crescent rolls.  It worked okay for that.  


______________________________

Boxed mix brownies with Halloween sprinkles.  That's all I need to say.  MMM!


_______________________________

Monday night is the night that GriefShare happens. But lately I've been doing things I love and not going to the group.  It's my own kind of therapy.  On this night, I made a loaf of pull apart bread.  An easy yeasted bread dough.  Rolled and cut into squares. Then brushed with butter and stacked in a loaf pan.  Let it rise one more time and bake.  So good!



_______________________________

When Matt told me it was Pharmacy Week and they were having treats and playing games all week to celebrate I HAD to bake them some treats.  One year we made pill shaped sugar cookies and decorated them.  I wanted to make cupcakes this year.  Matt thought there would be around 20 people there so I made two dozen.   First,  I made Sally's chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate frosting.  The frosting is the fluffiest frosting I've ever made.  For the decoration, I bought a box of Mike & Ike candies.  I cut the candies in half and stuck them together to make they look like pills. 


Next, I made classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate buttercream.  They were so much fun to make!


_______________________________

These meringue cookies were some of my best.  Crispy on the outside and marshmallowy on the inside.  I melted some chocolate to make the eyes and mouth.  These were perfect to take to the work birthday potluck because they are gluten free.   

 

________________________________

The last bake of the month, Flourless Chocolate Cake, was for the work birthday potluck.  There are a couple of ladies that are gluten-free so it was perfect.  I put some chocolate ganache on top and piled on some ghosts.  It is rich and delicious. 





Comments

Popular Posts