What's Up Wednesday? January 2019


January is almost over!  It's been a cold month here in Missouri!

What we're eating this week?

I'm still on the low carb bandwagon.  This week we're eating posole (not the lowest in carbs but okay), oven baked fajitas, meatloaf, tilapia, and leftovers.  

What I'm reminiscing about?

The Chiefs had a great season.  They were so much fun to watch this year.  After the loss to the Patriots, I just don't feel like watching the superbowl this year.  I asked Matt if we could go to a movie instead. 


What I'm loving?

This sweet angel face has finally decided she likes us.  Ha!  She's cuddly and she even sleeps with us most nights.  

What we've been up to?

We have been going to a new small group at church and we really like it.   We went to a game night with couples from our church.  Daydreaming about warmer days and wondering why we don't live in Florida yet.  

What I'm dreading?

This is our weather forecast for today.  Notice the wind chills on the right.




What I'm working on?
I'm crocheting this sweater still.  I am almost done with the third panel.  I like how it looks in pieces.  I hope that once I put it together, it will be something I'll want to wear.  



What I'm excited about?

Bake 2019 is off to a roaring success.  I have had some failures, but even those were fun.  One was cream puffs.  I made a choux pastry that was really runny and gross.  I had to throw it out.  I read some more about it looked at some different recipes and tried again.  They turned out great!  Here's  sneak peak.


What I'm reading?


Really good book! 


What I'm listening to?

I've been listening to Lauren Daigel's newest CD in the car lately.  Get it!


What I'm watching?

Well, always the Great British Baking Show.  We had Hulu for a free week trial and watched a lot of HGTV for me and golf for Matt.  

What I'm wearing?

Layers!  Did you see that forecast!  

What I'm doing this weekend?

Speaking of forecast, this weekend is supposed to be in the 50s.  We don't have any huge plans, but I imagine something outdoors will be great.  I have really started to love walks and miss them in the cold weather. 

What I'm looking forward to next month?

February is one month closer to spring.

What else is new?

I mentioned enjoying walks.  I have been enjoying life lately.  At the support group for moms who have lost pregnancies/infants we were asked what God had put on our hearts for this year.  I shared that He had pressed me to do the things I love just because I love them.  Last year, I spent a good portion of the year not doing those things.  One of the women put it well - I'm living life.  I like walking, so I go for walks.  I like baking, so I bake.  Same for reading, crocheting, and laughing.  Here's to living life in 2019!




Bonus:  What is our favorite Valentine's Day tradition?
We stay home and make lasagna every year.  We got engaged on Valentine's Day 2010.  We were at my house cooking lasagna together when Matt proposed in the kitchen.  I love traditions! 





Linking with the party.

Comments

Popular Posts