Friday Five # 3

Happy Friday!  What a week!  There was ice and snow and frigid temperatures but it was still a good week.  Prepare to hear me complain and/or lament the cold winter weather from now until spring.  HA!  There is a silver lining here.  When the sun did shine this week we noticed that it was out much longer.  When I left work at 5pm yesterday I had to check my clock to make sure I didn't accidentally leave early.

ONE
I've been working on a crochet kimono that I can wear.  Hopefully, out in public.  It's worked from corner to corner (C2C).  This is another one of my #delight word of the year projects.  Crochet because I like it.  Live life with joy.  I've made one panel and almost finished the second during that Chiefs game on Sunday.  Nervous crocheting is a thing.  


TWO
The gift we didn't know we needed!  My SIL said we'd love it and bought us one for Christmas.  We've used it over a dozen times already.  Matt loves to use it as much as I do.   We love our carpet shampooer!



THREE
Remember last week when I said I loved my pots and pans but they weren't ideal for stove top popcorn?  Guess what was on sale for $9.99 at Aldi this week?  A whirly pop!  I had popcorn for lunch today.  

FOUR
My little sous chef.  Every time I cook this is what I see.  Sometimes she's so close I step on her.  


FIVE
Last week I had my first baking fail of my #bake2019 fun challenge.  It was for a brioche bread.  After I compared the recipe I used to some others, I realized the recipe wasn't a good one.  But then I had a couple successes.   I'll share more next week.  This week I really want to make cream puffs stuffed with lemon curd.  

Linking here


Comments

Popular Posts