Friday Five #2

Well, last week zipped right on by for me.  Phew!  It was fast!!  But that means we are at the weekend.  Oh yeah!

ONE 
It started snowing last Friday and just didn't stop.  We spent the entire weekend at home.  It was glorious!  Just what I needed.  I love a snow day that happens on the weekend.  We had no place to be.  It was great!  On Sunday, I didn't get dressed until about 5pm.


TWO
I finished the book I mentioned last week.  What a great book!  It was about using the art that God has put in you for His glory.  Don't wait, don't listen to the negative voices in your head, just start.  Your art may be painting or homemaking or baking or writing or sewing or car repair or gardening.  It doesn't necessarily look like the art we did in art class.  It's more.  Sweet read!


THREE
Take a look at my Christmas cactus! It's going to bloom!  It was given to me last January and it had pretty pink blooms on it.  Maybe it's a January cactus?


FOUR
I hit a major weight loss goal this month!  I actually hit it after Christmas when we were SO sick and couldn't eat much for about a week.  I claimed it then for sure, but I wondered what would happen when I could eat normally again.  I managed to keep it off  the first part of January and today I got on the scale one pound less.  I'm down to a weight I haven't seen at all in my 40s.  Here's me at the beginning of 2018 and at the end of 2018 - 30 pounds lighter. I see it in my face in this photo for sure.  I also know that gray top hangs off me now and the jean shorts go on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping.

FIVE
I was going to use Christmas money for an Instant Pot.  Specifically, I wanted the Pioneer Woman one at Walmart.  Because if I was going to have one of those giant things, it was going to be pretty.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized I probably wouldn't use it that much.   What I really needed was new pots and pans.  I had a cheaper set of stainless steal and some IKEA pieces that had been good but the nonstick was all scratched.  So I bought a new set of pretty pans.  I've really enjoyed using them.  The only thing I have made that didn't go so well was stove-top popcorn.  Guess I'll need the whirly pop of my dreams.  




Hope you all have a great weekend!  If you are in the KC area, stay safe out there.

Linking up here 

and here



Comments

Popular Posts