What's Up Wednesday? August 2018


August is almost over and I am seeing lots of people posting their fall decor on social media.  TOO SOON!  Ha!  I love fall and everything about it, but I'm not wishing away summer just yet.  There are still a few more pool days!

What we're eating this week?

I grilled a couple of pork tenderloins on Sunday night.  Way too much for two people but so good to have for leftovers.  I made a frittata with onions, sweet potato, spinach, chicken sausages, and cheese.  It was tasty!  I'm making Salmon BLTs for dinner.  But since I didn't buy any bread, we'll have salmon BLT salad for dinner.  

What I'm reminiscing about?

Florida and plotting our next trip.





What I'm loving?
I love the part of our yard I thought I would hate the most.  I was not a big fan of the backyard when we looked at the house.  I didn't like the idea of being at the bottom of the hill.  But I liked this house and Matt did too.  Luckily, he liked it enough to not write this house off because of the backyard.  Now I love this backyard.  Being at the bottom gives me a better view of the sky.  I can watch the sunrise over those trees.  We can sit under that covered patio and watch a storm roll in and sit out while it rains.  We did that recently and it was one of the nicest nights.



What we've been up to?

This summer we decided to put our phones away when we got home from work.  No email, social media, or mindless scrolling until 9pm.  I LOVE it!

What I'm dreading?

Well, I'm becoming one of those people who turns on the Oldies station to listen to my favorite songs from high school.  Sometimes I'll hear a college tune.  



What I'm working on?

I've been working on a gingham crochet project.  I'll share photos later.   I've been hanging things on the walls.  Finally!  I am a slow decorator.  

What I'm excited about?

Three day weekend!  

What I'm reading?

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman.  I'm only a little way in, but it's good.


What I'm listening to?
I just finished listening to The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.  I was looking for a good book to listen to while doing some housework and projects.  I liked the author's second book and I really like this one too!  Apparently there's a movie, I'll have to add that to my Netflix.  I didn't read this one when it came out because people compared it to Gone Girl.  I did not like that book at all.  I think that was an unfair comparison.  This book is way better than Gone Girl.  



I've got this song on repeat!



What I'm watching?

I just finished this series on Netflix.  It was great!


I'm loving the show Making It.  It's a show of "makers" which is what we call crafters now.  LOL!  The hosts are funny and the things the contestants make are amazing!


I've also been really into World of Dance this year.  I like the variety and the judges are great.  They give good feedback and seem to really care about the contestants.  It's fun!




What I'm wearing?
I haven't actually worn this outfit this week because it's gotten hot again, but it's hilarious!  We had a few cool days and I busted out my new fleece lined sweatpants (I think the kids are calling them joggers nowadays - LOL).  They are from Costco and so cozy!


Matt came home from work one day after having stopped at Costco for gas and to walk the aisles for tasty snacks with a matching fleece lined sweatshirt.  We could not stop laughing at how 1980s I looked.  He wanted to take a photo so I gave him two good poses - overly excited and too cool to open my eyes.  We have fun around here.  



What I'm doing this weekend?

It's Labor Day weekend!  Wow!  We are having Matt's family over for a BBQ on Saturday.  Hopefully, we'll get together with my side of the family too. 

What I'm looking forward to next month?
Decorating for fall.  Ha!  I'll wait until fall to decorate for fall.  Especially since I just started hanging stuff on the walls here.  Too soon to change it out.

What else is new?
I'm still doing the low carb thing and have lost 10 pounds.  It's encouraging and I don't mind eating this way so that helps.  I try not to fall into cravings and if I do to do it with the best.  Like if I want a cookie I'm not going to want chips ahoy, I'm going to go for something homemade.

Bonus:  What is a favorite back to school tradition?
Not going back to school!  There's always one person (usually someone that doesn't know me well) that asks me if I miss teaching and the first day of school.  I can honestly say Nope.  Not one minute.


Comments

Popular Posts