Made by Me: Embroidered Initial Wall Hanging

I wanted a crafty project that would be quick and easy and also a mindless project.  


I shared this sneak peak a bit ago.




We have a little alcove that leads into our bedroom.  Not a lot of wall space but I thought it would be fun to have a wall of V's for our last name.  

First, I drew out a few V's to see what I liked.  


Then I started seed stitching.  I didn't know the name of that stitch until I looked it up.  Basically, you stitch randomly in small stitches.  They look like seeds.


I finished up and put it in a smaller hoop.  After cutting the excess fabric I hung it on the wall.


Here's the finished product on the wall of V's.


I like it!  We'll slowly collect more V's.  The button V was made for us by our nephew and niece (on Matt's side).  The metal one was found on a fun day out for about $8.  I can see a whole wall from floor to ceiling full of different V's.  

Comments

Popular Posts