Friday Favorites and My Birthday

Friday Favorites Florida Style!  Mostly Florida anyway.  Last week was my birthday and it was the best one yet.

1.  I don't care how old you are there is nothing like spending time with your mom and dad on your birthday.


Showing off the new kitchen. 


Mexican, Margaritas, and Matt <3


We had a week full of belly laughs, 


great food, 


fun shopping, 


and the beach.  We went to Clearwater and it was exactly what I needed and where I needed to be.  

2.  We use the Marco Polo app as a family.  It's a fun way to keep in touch when we all live in different cities.  Joe is about 15 minutes from our parents, Johnny and I are about 40 minutes apart, and it's a plane ride (or a very long car trip) to get all of us together.  So on my birthday the KC area family sent a Happy Birthday song via March Polo.  They were watching Pickles and I grabbed this screen shot of Pickles wishing me a happy birthday.  It just makes me laugh!


3. & 4.  This next photo has two favorites in one.  First my blue shirt that Matt bought me for my birthday.  The image is the shape of Florida and the words below say My Happy Place.  So true #letsmove!

The second is Matt's new recliner.  We were going to buy all new furniture for upstairs.  But after thinking about it we realized we didn't really need a new couch.  Our couch is still cozy and it would be more cost effective to get something smaller.  We could have brought the love seat that's downstairs up but we liked it down there.  Hence the recliner.  It's big, it's cozy, and so soft.  Matt gave up his recliner when he moved into our first house and I love that we could get him a new one.


5.  I've lost 9 pounds in the last month, even after a week of vacation eating.  I'm trying to limit my carbs to around 20% of my total nutrients.  I don't stress if it goes above that because the carbs that I do eat are from good food (not highly processed junk food).  I use the My Fitness Pal app to track my food.  I log everything.  If I have one bite of something I log it.  I tried another app earlier this summer but it wasn't nearly as good as MFP unless you bought a subscription.  MFP shows you nutrients and calories for free.  You can track weight, some measurements, and exercise.

That's it for this week!  Have a great weekend!  Anyone have any fun plans?

Linking up here  at A Little Bit of Everything and here at The Blended Blog.

Comments

Popular Posts