May Fun with Pickles

I am sure that everyone has been wondering what Pickles was up to last month.

Well, this month began with a big road trip for our sweet girl.  She stayed in a hotel...


Check out some tulips and had a great time in Iowa


When she wants to go outside she has started poking us with her paw.  


If you know Pickles, you know she loves to roll in stinky stuff in the yard.  Most dogs do.  Notice the leash/chain.  We don't have a fence yet and she's a flight risk, even if we stay out with her.  It's the beagle in her.  She'll go nose to the ground and before we know it she's gone.


One day after I got home from work mid month, she had rolled herself silly and gotten the chain wrapped around her waist.  Luckily, I was just inside because I heard her screaming.  She was in major pain, literally screaming so loud the kid three houses down mowing with headphones heard her.  I ran out to see her on her side.  When I said her name she tried to get up to come to me but yelped and fell back down.  She had not only gotten the chain wrapped around her belly, she had somehow managed to tie it into a knot.  It was also wrapped around a pole. When the school bus got home she jumped up to run over to see the kids and cinched it tight.  It was so tight I couldn't loosen it until I removed her collar.  Once her collar was off it loosened enough for her to stand up and for me to untie it. She ran inside and jumped on the couch panting.  The photo below is the one I sent to Matt to tell him she had a traumatic experience. 


 

Here's Pickles getting some love from her daddy afterwards.  I knew for sure she was okay when he got home and she jumped down off the couch and rolled over for a belly rub.  I, however, was not okay.  I started crying when I told him what happened.  


We took her out on the leash only for a few days.  Then on Friday I moved the chain out to the middle of the yard so she can't get wrapped around anything.  She's a happy dog again being able to go outside without her parents hovering over her.  We still keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't get wrapped up, but feel better about her not being able to cinch it as tightly as before. 


We're waiting on one more bid for the fence.  


Pickles ended the month doing what she does best.  

Napping.


Sweet talking us into all the belly rubs


and winning over the neighbors.  She loves our neighbors behind us.  



Comments

Popular Posts