What's Up Wednesday? June 2018


Stop it summer!  Just stop going so fast.  Ha!  

What we're eating this week?

I'm still in a bit of a cooking rut.  I just want fast, easy, and tasty.  Last night I made these Walnut Chorizo tacos with pineapple salsa.  I've made (and loved) the vegan cauliflower walnut taco "meat" but the salsa was new.  The perfect compliment to the spicy smokiness of the chipotle peppers.

What I'm reminiscing about?

This time last year we were on Matt's 40th golf road trip through Nebraska.  When are we going back?  It was so much fun!





What I'm loving?

Our new refrigerator is the bomb!  I love it and the freezer drawer and the internal water dispenser.  I love the french doors on top.  I also love that the old one is now in the garage.  I feel like I've arrived with my garage fridge full of beverages and extra freezer stuff.  

What we've been up to?

The weather was so beautiful this weekend that it wasn't a hard sell to convince Matt to take me on a picnic date night at Shakespeare in the Park.  We had a great time!  They did Much Ado About Nothing.  It was really good!





What I'm dreading?

It's time to buckle down and get the rest of this house painted.  I'm tired of looking at nail hole fill spots and dirty walls.  



What I'm working on?
We're finishing up decorating the bathroom.  It's basically all done.  We got these shelves at Ikea.  They are brackets and $2 boards from the clearance section.  Once we get them anchored down a bit better I'll add some functional pretties and call it done.  


What I'm excited about?

Getting my pool card!  It's been a saga trying to get the HOA to get us our key to the pool.  I've heard from the source that they have the cards and are planning to deliver them.  I have a phone number of the person with the cards so I'm just going to try to go get mine.  

What I'm reading?

I just finished Young Jane Young.  It was really good.  It was a quick read.  My next book in the pile is The Essex Serpent.

What I'm listening to?

This morning Spotify recommended the All out '00s station.  So fun dancing around the bathroom this morning while getting ready.  

What I'm watching?

Matt and I love the show Portlandia!  There's another show on Netflix called Documentary Now, spoofing real documentaries.  Very funny!  I started watching The Crown last week.  Not sure if it's one I'll sit down and watch or just put on in the background. 

What I'm wearing?

Just the usual summer staples - shorts, t-shirts, sandals.  TMI - I got a new bra from ThirdLove.  I'll be sure to report back.  :) 

What I'm doing this weekend?

Getting my hair cut and painting. 

What I'm looking forward to next month?

We have a trip to Branson with some of Matt's family coming up.  I like Branson, there's so much to do.  We haven't been since our anniversary trip last fall.  I'd love to stay at that place again sometime.

What else is new?


I made this last weekend using shells I collected on my 40th birthday trip to Fort Meyers Beach.  I think it turned out really cute.  

















Comments

Popular Posts