What's Up Friday?


I have no idea how I missed the end of the month.  What is it about this month being the longest and shortest month?  So here is my What's Up Wednesday on Friday.  Full of favorite things and fun stuff.

What we're eating this week?

We grilled out on Sunday.  Chicken and corn on the cob.  I used the leftovers to make a Cobb Salad.  We had a delicious Hello Fresh dish called Mediterranean Salmon.  Then I roasted up some pepper, onions, and sausages for a quick Thursday night meal. 

What I'm reminiscing about?

Our peony garden is done for the season.  I just love them!




What I'm loving?
We tried Hello Fresh because we had a coupon for two weeks at a great rate.  It was really fun!  I won't order every week but it's fun for a fresh new meal. 





What we've been up to?

We've started the painting projects around the house.  Last weekend we did the master bathroom.  



What I'm dreading?

The wisteria taking over the house.  I think I'm going to get rid of it.  It's full of wasps!  This photo is from a month ago.  I trimmed it all the way down to the wood that day.  It's over doubled in size.



What I'm working on?
I'm using the Lose It app to track my meals.  I started on May 8 and have lost 4 pounds.  It's been interesting to see how little protein I have been getting.  So I'm working on adding more protein to my diet and cutting back on carbs.  

Image result for lose it app

What I'm excited about?

We get our new refrigerator today!




What I'm reading?

Looking forward to diving into this one.  I've heard great things about this book. 

Image result for body love

What I'm listening to?

This book has been on my want to read list for a long time.  I finally checked out the audio book.  Only thing I wish is that the author was the narrator.  She has such a great voice. 

Image result for simply tuesday

What I'm watching?

I started watching this British house hunting show last night because the Welsh detective show I've been watching wasn't on PBS.  🤓

Image result for netflix british country homes

Image result for hinterland

What I'm wearing?

Already busting out the shorts and t-shirts here in KC.  I love it!

What I'm doing this weekend?

We are watching our nephew and nieces while their mom and dad go out to celebrate their wedding anniversary.  I can't wait!  

What I'm looking forward to next month?

We don't really have anything big coming up next month and that's okay. 

What else is new?

We have a couple trips planned for this summer. We have a Branson trip with Matt's parents in July and a trip to visit my parents in Florida for my birthday in August.

Bonus: What is my favorite summer salad?

I love a Cobb Salad anytime of year.  But there is something special about throwing chicken on the grill and other veggies to use on a salad.  I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to salads and dressings.  I love making dressing at home.  It's easy and so much tastier.  















Comments

Popular Posts