Weekend Wedding in Waverly

Last weekend we drove to Waverly, Iowa for Dave and Myra's wedding.  Dave and Matt have been friends since kindergarten so there was no way we were missing this wedding!

We hit the road early Friday morning and headed up I-35 through Des Moines.  We took our favorite dog child with us.  Here's Pickles first time in Iowa at a small town gas station pit stop.  She's a great traveler!


We stopped and picked up Paul at a small regional airport in Iowa.  We stopped in Cedar Falls, IA for lunch.  It has the cutest Main Street I've seen in a long time.  Shops, restaurants, bars, and antique stores.  I could have spent all day there, but we were ready to get to our hotels.  After a nap we found out that we had gotten an invite to the rehearsal dinner.  It was a lot of fun - a backyard bbq. Definitely my kind of rehearsal, in fact I had the idea to do the same at our wedding.


Pickles kept an eye on things for us.  Our hotel just happened to be right next to a strip mall that had a Hy-Vee, McDonalds, AND the reception venue.  I only managed to get one photo from the whole wedding day.  That's how much fun we had!


Here's Matt and I outside the church.  Probably should have chosen a shadier spot.  

We drove home Sunday morning and took a different route so we could go through Pella, Iowa.  It was the Tulip Festival!  Everything was packed up and most shops were closed but we had a great time.  What a pretty little town!  I can't wait to go back to visit!
















Comments

Popular Posts