Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day!



It was a great weekend for us at the Vaughan house.  We stayed home this weekend, did some home projects, golfed (for Matt), did some shopping, and grilled out.  As a kid, we traveled every Memorial Day.  It's weird not going to the grave sites of our family and loved ones.  We did that every Memorial Day and it was a really special time. 

I started the weekend taking advantage of the Lowe's Valspar paint rebates.  I actually purchases 7 gallons of paint.  Five for the main part of the house in Faint Maple and two for our bathroom in Schoolboy Blue.  We started the project on Friday afternoon and finished up on Saturday.  We only used one gallon of the blue so I may return the extra.  Scroll down for the final paint reveal.  


A couple weeks ago, I had an appointment with a repairman to check on the ice dispenser in the freezer door.  This refrigerator came with the house and I am not a fan of it because it's a side by side.  I didn't really care about the ice/water dispenser but figured since it was covered under the warranty it would be good to have it checked out.  All the while dreaming about the next refrigerator once the side by side reached the end of it's cooling life.

Long story short - they don't make the part needed to fix it.  After the warranty company did some research they came up with a solution that would take 12 weeks to build a whole new door or they would give us the cash option to put towards a new unit.

I went back and forth on it but eventually agreed with my smart husband and took option two.  I was worried about not finding what I really wanted (which was the Kitchen-Aid french door with ice maker and internal water dispenser) because it would be too expensive.  We have a Sears Outlet in town so we headed down there.  Well, we not only found the exact refrigerator I had my eye on, we found a better one for less money!  


It's being delivered next week.  We'll keep the old one as a garage frig.  I've always wanted a garage frig!   Check out the photo below and aww at all the space!  There is an ice maker and an internal water dispenser.  No pesky dispenser taking up precious door space.  


After our purchase we drove by The Local Pig, a local butcher shop that sources their meats/cheeses/eggs from farmers within 100 miles of the city.  We had both heard of it and had wanted to go there so we stopped. We ordered a couple sandwiches for lunch.  


How cute is my guy?  The most!  He ordered the cheeseburger.  It was great!


I ordered the Pigwich.  It was definitely our favorite.


Okay, at last the paint reveal.  We love how bright the blue is.


In the toilet room, I combined some different paints to make a custom color just a bit darker.  I had just enough to give it two coats.


You can kind of see the difference below in the blues.  Now time to decorate!  I think I'm going to go for a light and bright coastal/ocean theme.  I already have a bunch of stuff to use.  


Hope you had a great long weekend!

Comments

  1. My teenager is wanting to remodel/paint her bedroom, but I just don't think I have the heart for it this summer. I did see that Home Depot was having a great sale on paint this weekend, too. I hope you enjoy your new fridge. I have a similar one and it works really well for us! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts