Introductions - The Lady Behind the Blog

Most people who read this little slice of the internet know me well.  My parents, husband, and friends are the number one readers.  But I do link up places for fun and get tens of new readers each week.  I almost skipped the Introductions link up but maybe someone reading doesn't really know me at all.






Hi there!  I'm Lisa. 

The basics: 
I'm 43 years old and live in Liberty, Mo which is near Kansas City, Mo.  I actually grew up in KC and moved to Liberty at the beginning of this year.



  I've been married for 7 years to a man who was more than worth the wait.  We have one dog.  She is the sweetest little beagle mix.  Look at that face!  Pretending not to care about the BBQ inches from her nose on our first night in our new home.  



We have zero kids on this side of heaven.  We've lost two pregnancies, the most recent one at the end of 2017.  I feel compelled to share our story of infertility, taking our fertility back, and pregnancy loss so other women (and husbands) won't feel alone.  We know what it's like to celebrate life and mourn losses.  God has blessed us with friends and family who are good at doing the same.  Let me encourage you if you are or have been through a pregnancy loss to tell people, talk about it, and let people care for you.  It will heal your heart in ways you can't imagine.  If you know someone, ask them how they are, check in with them from time to time, and pray for them.  I haven't written much about our most recent loss yet.  We have felt the presence of God in each situation, without Him I wouldn't be able to function.  


I love our family!  I have two brothers and Matt has two sisters.  Each of us has one sibling that is married with kids.  We have 4 nieces and 3 nephews ranging in age from 4 months to 10 years.  We love each one of those kids so much!  We don't take a minute with them for granted.   


My parents and one brother have relocated themselves to sunny Florida.  After college, I was bound and determined to move to Florida with some friends.  When one didn't get into the graduate school she wanted in Florida, I seriously considered going anyway.  My dad talked me out of it.  Ha!


I love to travel and having my favorite people in the sunshine state means I get to make a vacation into family time.  The best!  I love a good road trip, too!  


I love a good laugh.  I am naturally bent towards happiness.  I've been told I have rose colored glasses.  It's not that I don't see sadness and despair, I do and I don't ignore the yucky parts of life.  I think my faith in Christ is pivotal in my attitude.   


I like to cook and bake.  I like taking care of my people and my home.  I like making things and to crochet.  I like to read and watch PBS mysteries - Midsomer Murder is my favorite show.  I'm not a big TV show person.  I've never been able to have conversations about popular shows or movies.  I only watch shows that inform, inspire, make me laugh, or mysteries.  I, also, enjoy writing hence the blog.


Speaking of the blog, what's with the name?  Vaughan is our last name and Vaughantastic sounds similar to Fantastic.  Life is Vaughantastic!  

I think Q&A and Day in the Life blog posts are so much fun.  So in the spirit here is an all about me Q&A.  Rapid fire style.

  1. Are you named after anyone?  No
  2. When was the last time you cried?  Friday
  3. Do you have kids? Not on this side of heaven
  4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?  Sometimes I'm not the best friend.  I get too wrapped up in my own head.  
  5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?  Sarcasm is fun sometimes.
  6. What’s the first thing you notice about people?  Smile
  7. What is your eye color?  Blue
  8. Scary movie or happy endings?  Happy ending, we need more RomComs!
  9. Favorite smells?  my husband, my dog, and baked goods
  10. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?  Cozumel
  11. Do you have any special talents?  Repurposing things, especially meals.
  12. Where were you born?  Missouri
  13. What are your hobbies? Cooking, baking, reading, crochet, crafts
  14. Do you have any pets? 1 dog
  15. Do you have any siblings? 2 brothers
  16. Who was your first best friend? my grandma
  17. How many countries have you visited? 1, Mexico
  18. What is your Favorite drink? Diet Dr Pepper.  To make it fancy I like a DDDP (dirty diet Dr. Pepper) with a squeeze of lime and coconut syrup
  19. How would you describe your fashion sense? Cozy
  20. Do you like your handwriting?  I have bad handwriting.  But I do my best and I like it.  Probably won't be hired to hand letter anything.  😁

Comments

Popular Posts