What's Up Wednesday? - April 2017


It's Wednesday so I'm linking up with the What's up Wednesday ladies!  

What we're eating this week?

Salmon with brown rice and a green salad.  
Sweet potatoes, caramelized onions, sausage, egg scramble with smoked cheddar
Chicken Caesar pitas
Ham salad on pretzel rolls

For breakfast, I have been on a smoothie kick.  I use the Elevation protein powder from Aldi.  I normally don't like protein powders but this is really good.

Lunch is always leftovers.  

What I'm reminiscing about?

We had one niece and one nephew spend the night a couple weeks ago.  It was super fun!  We love it when we get to have the kids over!




What I'm loving?

Costco is coming to the neighborhood!  We had a membership a couple years ago, but let it go. There is one downtown and one in Independence.  Not terribly far, just not in the northland neighborhood.  But they are coming next month and we already got our membership.  And we've already been to the one in Independence and the one downtown.  LOL!  Costco is the best!


What we've been up to?

We went to Secret Church 17 last week.  The topic was Scripture and Authority in an Age of Skepticism.  It was 6 hours of teaching.  It was a long night, but it was AWESOME!  David Platt talked about the Bible and addressed 6 common questions.  I love God's word and reading it.  As many of you know, I had never read the whole Bible until last summer.  Just books here and there and topical studies and I learned I was missing out!  So Secret Church night was powerful, convicting, inspiring, and encouraging.  If you get the chance to go, you should.  In fact you can still stream SC17 online until the end of May.  Also, if you haven't read the bible in a while I encourage you to pick it up.  Find a study to guide you along or a friend to read with you.  

What I'm dreading?

Well, I was diagnosed with arthritis in my foot by the podiatrist.  I'm way too young for that!  Happy it's not broken, but maybe that would have been preferable. 

What I'm working on?

I'm working on my final project for Perspectives.  I'm doing a ministry project to teach English as a second language.  Not sure if it's a ministry I'll actually do or get involved with, but it's what I felt God press on my heart to at least write it up.  Who knows?  One step at a time.  

What I'm excited about?

Two more weeks of Perspectives!  Then we'll have a little break and get started on planning for next year's course.  

Also, excited for some Florida time!

What I'm reading?


This book was recommended on a blog as something every woman should read if you want kids, don't want kids, hate kids, love kids, whatever.  It's been true for me.  I have learned so much about the female reproductive system and just my health in general.  I'll write more about it in my What I've Been Reading post next week.  I should be done by the weekend.  

What I'm listening to?

I'm in a listening drought lately.  Still loving the Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey podcast.  But nothing new to report.  Any recommendations?

What I'm wearing?

I really loved my Easter dress.  It was a day before Easter purchase.  I got it at Gordman's for $17!


What I'm doing this weekend?

Oh, not much... just going to Florida to visit these two!  Can't wait to see Mom and Dad!


What I'm looking forward to next month?

Next month is going to be so fun! Evalyn Mae turns 3.  Mom and Dad are coming for the party.  Matt turns the big 4-0.  We're having a family friend party in the gym at our church because you can't trust May weather in Missouri.  Every time we have an outdoor gathering it rains.  There will be some kind of after party with his buddies.   

What else is new?

I tried making cookies with melted butter and I'm not a fan.  LOL!
Next month I'll be seeing the podiatrist again and I'm hoping to see a new one.  I need a second opinion on that arthritis thing!

Bonus:  What's my favorite spring shoe?

I love my Skechers Go Walks and my flats.  Most spring days here in the Midwest aren't sandal weather just yet.  I found a pair of fashion sneakers that I'm loving.  I'm still under orders to "wear good shoes" from the doctor and these are pretty comfortable.  


Don't worry, I'll be working on my tan this weekend!






Comments

Popular Posts