What's Up Wednesday - January 2017


It's Wednesday so I'm linking up with the What's up Wednesday ladies!  I'm excited to join the link up again this year!  I love a good link up with fun questions.  This last Wednesday of the month snuck right up on me!


What we're eating this week?

I tried a new recipe on Sunday and we both really liked it.  It made three meals for us, 2 dinners and 1 lunch.  It's Slow Cooker Banh Mi Bowls from Skinnytaste's new cookbook.  Which I really want to get now that I've tried this recipe.  I loved the pickled carrots and radishes!  Who knew?

What I'm reminiscing about?


I can't stop singing songs from La La Land. I LOVED this movie!  I saw it on what I dubbed Lisa Day.  It was soooooo delightful.  I also saw Hidden Figures recently and that was amazing!

Image result for la la land


What I'm loving?

I have been waking up an hour early on the weekdays.  I get to have coffee with Matt, read my Bible (I'm doing the chronological in a year plan on the Bible app), and if time get a workout in.  It's been surprisingly great getting up an hour earlier than normal.  

What we've been up to?

Perspectives again!  

What I'm dreading?

I just know that it's going to get colder and we will probably have more snow and ice.  It's only January and we've had snow and ice in February and March many many times.  We can't forget that crazy first weekend in May when we had a snowstorm a handful of years ago.  Or the year our nephew Jackson was born we were wearing shorts.  Then we barely made it to his first birthday party because of the snow storm,  I can handle snow, snow is pretty, it's easier to move around one.  But ice - no thank you!

What I'm working on?

My temperature blanket has been a really fun project so far.  I am realizing that the colors I picked for 40 and 50 degrees are so similar they blend in together.  It looks good though.  I like it!



What I'm excited about?

  I have been loving the Fitness Blender workouts and the Refit Revolution workouts on YouTube.  I love that there are quality free workouts available on line.   There's also a fitness person named jessicasmithtv that's pretty good.

What I'm reading?

You Are Free by Rebekah Lyons.  I just finished it this month.  I got an advance copy and have loved it!  It's the kind of book you slow read so it won't end right away.   You can preorder now and I highly recommend it. 
I'm also reading Breaking Busy.  It's pretty good.  I've got a lot of reading to do for Perspectives and I am trying to stay on top of it.  

What I'm listening to?

I found a couple new podcasts to listen to.  The first is called Smartest Person in the Room. So far there are two series available to listen to.  The first was Hollywood, which I'll go back and listen to later.  The second is Religion.  I listened to the first episode and it was fascinating!  I love learning about other religions.  It helps me understand where someone of a different faith is coming from.  I may not agree with their tenants but it helps me understand and respect the differences and similarities.  That's so important in the world.  

The second is called Off Camera.  I listened to the Will Ferrel interview.  He's so funny.  I can't even look at him without laughing.  But it was so interesting to learn about his start.

What I'm wearing?

I have this cowl neck sweatshirt that I bought with Christmas money.  It's the most cozy, wonderful sweatshirt I own.  But it's still nice enough looking to wear with a pair of jeans and run errands.  It's my favorite.  I've had my eye on a sweatshirt just like this for a long time but they were too pricey.  I'm about to divulge another money saving secret here so listen up.  It's from the men's department at Target.  Hey, it was on sale and I had a cartwheel for it.  Actually, it's on clearance now.  I'm about to go look for more colors and buy one of each!

What I'm doing this weekend?

Hopefully we'll get to hang out with our OP nephews and nieces.  Then we are celebrating a 40th birthday.  All of Matt's friends are turning 40 this year.  

What I'm looking forward to next month?

 We've got some travel vouchers burning holes in our pockets.  I'm lobbying for a trip to the Sunshine State!  Maybe only a long weekend since Matt just started a new job.  Mom?  Dad?  What do you think?  Got room for a couple of cold and weary Missourians? 

What else is new?

January in KC has been anything but the typical January in KC.  Any chance I have to not wear a coat is okay with me.  We have been walking outside... in January!

Bonus:  Who is my favorite bachelor?

Well, a little background on one of the link up hosts if you don't know, her brother was one of the bachelors.  Shay of Mix and Match Mama's brother is Sean Lowe. I didn't watch all of his season but that was one where I picked up in the middle and didn't hate the guy or all of the girls.  I liked him, but my favorite wasn't a bachelor at all, it was a contestant on the bachelorette, Ryan.  Are Trista and Ryan still together?  I hope so!  That may be the last season I watched all of the episodes.  I see commercials and read the recap on the blog Sheaffer Told Me To (because she is hilarious) and I just can't... I just.can't.even.  😬 😜





Comments

Popular Posts