Birthday Recap

My birthday was too fun!  I wanted to write a bit about some of the things we did. 



First off, Matt gave me Christopher Elbow chocolates.  If you are like me and have never had Christopher Elbow chocolates, you need to have some soon! 


Look at how beautiful they are!  You almost don't want to eat them because they are so beautiful.  But you have to!  They are so delicious! 


I made my own birthday cake.  I used this yellow sheetcake with chocolate frosting recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction.  It was delicious!  I made it last Monday.  My birthday was Tuesday.  Matt took some to work on Wednesday and I took some to work on Thursday.  Even on Thursday people commented on how moist and flavorful this cake is.  This will be my new go to yellow cake recipe. 


Matt commented that on his Facebook on this day there were lots of pictures of me at a Mexican restaurant on my birthday.  Years and years of us eating Mexican food on my birthday.  Because I LOVE it! 

We went to Port Fonda.  We had both heard good things about it and were not let down.  It's definitely not your typical chips and salsa with a side of white queso kind of place.  It was different and delish!  We did get chips and salsa (you have to pay for it).  I ordered a dish called Panza which was pork belly served with roasted broccoli and macaroni and cheese made with Mexican cheeses.  Matt ordered swordfish served with a tomato salsa and mashed potatoes.  Both came with tortillas.  Wow!  It's a must try!  The margarita was so good but potent.  I guess that's not a problem.   


Birthday selfies in the kitchen. 


We always have silly faces. 


Matt also bought tickets for us to go to Starlight Theater on Friday night.  The weather was amazing!  It was a beautiful night to sit outside and enjoy a show. 

Starlight selfie. 


We saw A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder.  It was so funny!  We didn't know much about the show but the reviews said it was a good old fashioned musical comedy.  I loved it!  Matt was a little slow to warm up but he ended up enjoying it a lot as well. 


Yesterday after church, I took some of my birthday money and bought these beauties.  Skechers sandals. They are the outdoor performance line. They are comfy!


It was another awesome birthday!

Comments

Popular Posts