Party Popcorn

I needed something quick and easy to take to a Bunco party that would make a lot.  I had a busy weekend planned and had another party I needed to take something to snack on.  So I made Party Popcorn!  It was a hit at both parties.

You will need:
  • 3 bags of plain microwave popcorn
  • a bag of white chocolate chips (2 cups)
  • half a bag of chocolate chips (1 cup)
  • yellow or white cake mix
  • add ins - M&Ms, nuts, sprinkles, etc.

1.  Pop your popcorn.
2.  Melt half of your white chocolate chips.  I found it was easier to do in batches.
3.  Once melted, stir in about 1/4 cup of cake mix.
4.  Pour over one bag of popcorn and stir.  You will need a really big bowl for this.  I used a giant popcorn bucket.
5.  Spread popcorn onto a lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle on your add ins.  I used M&Ms and sprinkles.
6.  Repeat steps 2-5.
7.  With that last bag of popcorn use your chocolate chips.  I planned on only using white chocolate but ran out on the third bag.  I thought the chocolate added to the goodness.
8.  Once the chocolate is dry, store in an air tight container.  Stored well this will last at least a week. That's how long the leftovers made it in our house. 

Comments

Popular Posts