I needed something quick and easy to take to a Bunco party that would make a lot. I had a busy weekend planned and had another party I needed to take something to snack on. So I made Party Popcorn! It was a hit at both parties.
You will need:
- 3 bags of plain microwave popcorn
- a bag of white chocolate chips (2 cups)
- half a bag of chocolate chips (1 cup)
- yellow or white cake mix
- add ins - M&Ms, nuts, sprinkles, etc.
1. Pop your popcorn.
2. Melt half of your white chocolate chips. I found it was easier to do in batches.
3. Once melted, stir in about 1/4 cup of cake mix.
4. Pour over one bag of popcorn and stir. You will need a really big bowl for this. I used a giant popcorn bucket.
5. Spread popcorn onto a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on your add ins. I used M&Ms and sprinkles.
6. Repeat steps 2-5.
7. With that last bag of popcorn use your chocolate chips. I planned on only using white chocolate but ran out on the third bag. I thought the chocolate added to the goodness.
8. Once the chocolate is dry, store in an air tight container. Stored well this will last at least a week. That's how long the leftovers made it in our house.