What's Up Wednesday? March 2020

Day 2 of Shelter at Home.  


What we're eating this week?

This week we've had pork chops, chicken stroganoff, taco soup, and BBQ pork sliders.

I always keep a well stocked pantry/freezer/refrigerator but as I saw what was happening with coronavirus I stocked up.  I had Matt pick up some chicken and pork at Costco (normally I'd pick one).  I bought an extra bag of flour at Aldi because I thought it may come to this and I wouldn't have enough flour.  As a baker, that's needed.  I'm rationing it and not going crazy baking sweet treats but saving it for making bread.  I haven't been to the store since March 12 and won't need to go again for a couple of weeks. Bonus of only having two people in the house.  Extra bonus - helps me not over eat.  

What I'm reminiscing about?

Christmas in Florida!  Boy, I sure wish we were all back in Florida!





What I'm loving?

Walking with Matt and Pickles.


Zoom meetings with our small group.  Marco Polo's with our family.  Technology is a wonder!


What we've been up to?

Reading, puzzling, crocheting, working from home, playing games, using Zoom a lot.


What I'm dreading worrying about?

Matt is still working, hospitals don't shut down.  So I worry about him getting sick.  Anxiety has been high for me.  I am constantly reminding myself that I trust God, He is bigger than this, and worry/anxiety is not an emotion he wants me to hold on to.  Pray and working out/walking helps.

What I'm working on?


Another bonus of working from home is working on projects.  My craft room/home office has never been so clean and organized.  I found an embroidery project to finish and I'm working on a stash busting granny square blanket.  I watched a webinar on church communications while crocheting.

What I'm excited about?

The day we can gather together in large groups.

What I'm reading?

The Short Drop by Matthew FitzSimmons.  I did a random selection on the Kindle from Mom's list and am really liking this one.

What I'm listening to?

All the podcasts.  All the spotify playlists.  This is how I'm listening.


It's a light bulb with a blue tooth speaker!

What I'm watching? 

Anyone else watching Tiger King?  We finished it this week.  Not for little people.  I spent most of the time watching it with my jaw dropped.  This is real!  There are a ton of people who keep big cats and they are all nuts! 


What I'm wearing?

Jeans!  I need to wear jeans so that I don't get too comfortable in my sweatpants.  LOL!


What I'm doing this weekend?


Ha!  I actually read a magazine in three different places yesterday.  Outside, living room, and basement.

What I'm looking forward to next month?

Maybe going back to work in the office. 

What else is new?

Not much.  But reminding myself the slow down is good.  Breaking myself out of my routine is good. 

Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

  1. I'm late in catching up with my WUW reading.

    I hope Matt (your husband? boyfriend? roommate?) has stayed healthy. What a stressful time to work in healthcare.

    And I love that meme about weekend travel plans! Hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Matt's my husband. He's been able to stay healthy and luckily doesn't have to go into rooms with covid patients.

      Delete
  2. Also, how have you managed to have fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, and milk if you haven't gone to the grocery store in so long? Those are the items that we always run out of within a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We are out of the fresh stuff now. I tried to but things that would last a while and eat the fruits/veggies that won't last as long first.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts