A Reminder to Myself

I have hit a plateau in my journey towards better health and weight loss.  I keep going up and down this five pound range.  I gain a pound, gain a pound, gain a pound, and get to the top number.  Then I lose a pound, lose a pound... you get it.... I get to the lower number and cycle back.  To say I've been frustrated is an understatement.  So I put together this little photo collage to remind myself that it's not a sprint.  I can't expect to drop all the pounds at once or to have all my blood work be perfect in a month.


I'm down 40+ pounds.  My blood sugar is under control.  I had to get new clothes.  The shorts I had on in January 2018 literally fall off my body.  Same with the pair from December.  That top in December now hangs so low I wore it with leggings recently.  Leggings!  It's almost like a mini dress.  Those jeans and t-shirt in the last photo are both two sizes smaller than the first photo.  I feel better.  I can walk for miles.

This plateau will pass.  I have hit walls before and found ways to climb over them.  I will do it again.   I just need to remind myself sometimes. 

Comments

Popular Posts