Recipe Box Baking

During Christmas at my parent's house, my mom said she had some recipe boxes from her mom and aunts and wondered if we would want to look through them.  Would I?  I basically strong armed my sister-in-law and took them all.  Ha!  She was happy to let me have them. 

There are two boxes of recipe cards in my grandma and great aunt's handwriting!  Treasure!!  Better than gold in my book!  I finally decided what I was going to bake.


Mrs. Way's Cookies - recipe in my grandma's handwriting.  I can't get over it!  I love this so much!

Here's the typed recipe.  Today we pin recipes and send people links.  Back in the day they traded recipes at church or one of the many clubs they were in.  I love that I found this recipe handwritten and typed. 


Who is Mrs. Way?  No one knows.  Google didn't help me at all.  So we are guessing that she was one of the ladies in a club or church group.  

While we don't know who Mrs. Way is, I can confirm her cookies are real good.  


I used pecans as the nuts.  Pecans and brown sugar just go together.  These cookies were great out of the oven but got better the next day.  

Comments

Popular Posts