What's Up Wednesday? - June 29






1. What we're eating this week...
Whatever is in the fridge, including many servings of leftover pizza. We met friends for pizza on Sunday and I ordered a large because it was on special. You know how I love a bargain!  I forgot they have really thick crust so we had a lot to go. 

2. What I'm reminiscing about...
Back when it was only in the 80s and not the 100s here in KC. Oh June!

3.  What I'm loving...
My new short hair do!  I have no pics but I chopped it to just below shoulder length. It feels great!  I could maybe use some long layers but I love it! 💇🏼 

4.  What we've been up to...
Staying cool in our repaired AC.  It went out the weekend it was 106 here.  We had a fun day date to the Kansas City museum. Then to Cascones in the river market and Bloom bakery for fancy French desserts. 

5.  What I'm dreading...
Not a thing! 

6.  What I'm working on...
Getting my vitamin D up and my A1C down and figuring out my medical stuff.  I promise I'll do a post about it.  I still can't believe all the things that are possible when your vitamin D is low.

7.  What I'm excited about...
The Vaughan family vacation!  We have never been able to go on one of the family vacations.  They have always been way out of our price zone.  But not this year.  We are so grateful for the chance to spend time with Matt's family.

8.  What I'm reading...
Right now I'm reading Six Years by Harlen Coben.  Quickly!  It's suspenseful but so good. I'm blazing through so I can get to Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist or There's An Antelope in my Living Room by Melanie Shankle. 

9. What I'm listening to...
I just realized that if you go to youtube you can listen to a whole album.  So that's what I've been doing at work.  I've listened to Rend Collective, David Crowder, Gungor, Shane and Shane Psalms albums.  It's been fun to hear different music than what's played on the radio.

10.  What I'm wearing...
Shorts, it's hot!

11.  What I'm doing this weekend...
Swimming, shopping, playing, and having a great time with the Vaughan side of my family. 

12. What I'm looking forward to next month...
The 4th of July is always a fun holiday. No plans yet.  Matt and I are serving meals to the homeless one weekend. Also, I've been meeting with my friend Jennifer (and small group leader) weekly. She's my accoutabilty partner. We meet, pray, talk about our spiritual goals, encourage each other, etc. I'm enjoying it. 

13.  What else is new...
Did I mention my new short hair? 




Comments

Popular Posts