Stranded in June!


I'm back with three things I'd take if I were stranded on a deserted island.  June is Netflix series.  What?  We have internet?  Now we're talking!


This has been a really tough one for me.  I have not been watching much TV lately.  We don't have cable or satellite or internet TV or whatever method people use to watch TV shows. 

I haven't had cable for about eight years and haven't missed it.  PBS has Saturday morning cooking shows and there are surprisingly a lot of channels available with rabbit ears. 

We have a Roku box and a Netflix account for only one more month.  Since we hardly watch TV or Netflix we canceled our account.   But here are three shows on Netflix I would want to have with me.

1.  Fixer Upper - Netflix came out with season one and I immediately put it in my list.  I had never seen one episode and had no idea what all the fuss was about.  When I watched the first few minutes of the first episode, I thought what's the big deal?  This is just like every other house hunting renovation show.  But I kept watching and I saw that the show is all about Chip and Joanna.  Sure they make beautiful homes and beautiful babies (those kids! so precious!).  But those two are the real deal, genuine, loving, creative, kind, Christ loving people.  Joanna has great style in homes and clothes.  Chip is so funny.  They are just lovely.   


2.  Midsomer Murders - I love this show.  There are a kajillion episodes and the murders just keep on happening in Midsomer.  My grandma would have loved this show and I think my mom would be into it as well.  Murder, mystery, and England.  Awesome!


3.  I am having such a hard time figuring out a third show. This may be the time to actually watch a show that I haven't seen but were hugely popular back in the day.  I considered Parenthood - Nope, too sad.  Next up Friday Night Lights - maybe, but I tried to watch it when it was on and couldn't get into it then.  Moving on to Buffy the Vampire Slayer - this is a strong contender.  It seems silly and silly would be good on a deserted island.  Last up for consideration, Gilmore Girls... I think we have a winner.  I feel like Gilmore Girls has a lot of dialogue and may have all the emotions covered.  I don't think it's too one emotion over another.  Plus, it would be nice to have all that talking on an island.  I guess I will have to add this one to my list.


Linking up

Comments

Popular Posts