What's Up Wednesday? Home Safe #4

Home Safe


What we're eating this week?

This week we grilled burgers.  I made potato salad and attempted my mom's baked beans.  Just not the same.  I'm going to need to have another lesson!  
I made these chicken bacon ranch wraps and they were delicious!
Tonight is breakfast for dinner before small group zoom.  
Tomorrow is Liberty Lisa's Sandwich night.  Which means you can create your own sandwich out of a variety of options.  Then I'll throw it in the oven and toast it. 
Friday is always pizza night.  I've been working on perfecting my home made pizza crust.  Sometimes we do frozen or take and bake, sometimes home made.  


What I'm reminiscing about?

Last year my coworker and I went to a work conference in Charleston, South Carolina.  It was really fun, I learned a ton, and I even won an award.  We were supposed to be going again next week.  It was in Texas, near Dallas, but was canceled.  Maybe next year.




What I'm loving?

I never thought I'd say this, but I love working from home.  Like a lot.  Like I am praying about finding a way to work from home more often and am even open to a job switch.



What we've been up to?

I'm also loving our slow weekends.  Matt still goes in every day so our weekends are just us and I love it.  We take walks, order take out, nap, watch shows, talk, and just hang out.



What I'm dreading worrying about?

I guess I worry about people I love getting sick.  I am ready to get together with my people but there is so much unknown still.  Is it safe to hang out?  Can we have family over?  Can we see people outside of our household?  I think the answers are no, unless you can practice safe social distancing.  I think?

What I'm working on?

Learning how to use a sewing machine.  I figure making masks is pretty straight forward so that's what I'm working on.  It doesn't waste a lot of fabric if you have to throw it away (which I've done 3 times!).  I gave up today on one piece and finished by hand.  I was frustrated!  I also made a super cute scrunchie!  



What I'm excited about?

I haven't been shopping in a month!  I really enjoy grocery shopping.  I'm going to the store on Friday and I can't wait!  

What I'm reading?

I read two books for work last week.  For fun, I'm reading Open Season.  

What I'm listening to?

I'm listening to our county and city's recommendations for safely going back to work.  There's so much information out there and it's so different from place to place.  

What I'm watching? 


We finished McMillion$ this month.  Crazy!  

McMillions (TV Mini-Series 2020) - IMDb

I'm also watching Restaurants on the Edge.  It may be the stay at home order talking, but I want to go to all of the restaurants! 

Restaurants on the Edge' isn't cutting edge, but charming all the ...


What I'm wearing?


I put away my winter clothes and have pulled out my spring and summer gear.  I've been wearing shorts any chance I get.  


What I'm doing this weekend?

It's going to be really nice this weekend.  I want to get out in the garden a bit.  There's one shrub that looks dead on top so I'm going to trim it back and see what happens.  Maybe I can pick up some mulch and landscape paper for around our knockout roses.  I caged our peonies earlier this month and they have grown so much I may need to make the cages a bit taller.  This photo is from the beginning of April, they are tall and bushy now with little buds!



What I'm looking forward to next month?

My peonies blooming, Matt's birthday, maybe a socially distant get together.

What else is new?

Birthday parades are a thing now.  Secretly, I hate it.  That's maybe just my introvert talking.  Ha!  But we have done it for two friends.  I figure if I'm going on a birthday parade I'm dressing up!

Please don't do a birthday parade for me if we are still doing this in August.



Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

  1. I want to learn to sew too! Your mask and scrunchy both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrunchy! That's really cute. And I'm looking forward to my peonies blooming too. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts